Steven G. Wallach MD
About the Practice
"As an expert in the field of plastic surgery, one of the most rewarding aspects of my career has been listening to my patients' stories about how having plastic surgery has changed their lives. Seeing both men and women after surgery gain a new found confidence in themselves is truly remarkable. The journey to become a plastic surgeon is a long one, and along the way I have worked with some of the most recognized talents in the field. I think educating is very important, and I have paid this forward in many different ways by teaching other plastic surgeons as well as educating patients through articles, interviews and social media."
— Dr. Wallach
At his New York City office, Dr. Steven Wallach, MD is renowned for providing over 20 years of the highest level of patient satisfaction and care. He incorporates only the most updated and cutting-edge procedure techniques and tools when performing procedures of the breast, body, and face, resulting in natural-looking, beautiful results.
Dr. Wallach’s NYC plastic surgery practice offers a comprehensive solution to your aesthetic goals, offering a wide array of both surgical and non-surgical treatment options. From your initial phone call to your surgery date and beyond, you will experience professional and personalized care from Dr. Wallach and the friendly staff.
Dr. Wallach is a board-certified plastic surgeon in New York City who specializes in performing aesthetic procedures of the face, breast and body. Dr. Wallach is one of the most sought after plastic surgeons in New York City for mommy makeover surgery; a multi-surgical procedure that helps moms get their pre-pregnant body back by utilizing some of the following procedure: breast revision surgery, breast implants, Mastopexy, breast reduction surgery, abdominoplasty, buttock augmentation or Liposuction depending on the goals of the patient. Dr. Wallach is a past-president and a former member of the Board of Trustees of the New York Regional Society of Plastic Surgeons (NYRSPS). He has been featured in New York Magazine’s “Best Beauty Docs” issue as one of the field’s sharpest talents. Dr. Wallach is very passionate about breast reconstruction & facial plastic surgery. Dr. Wallach spends a lot of time performing full facelift surgery and rhinoplasty surgery for patients in and around the New York City area.
Dr. Wallach received his undergraduate degree from the University of Pennsylvania before attending medical school at New York University School of Medicine. After medical school, he completed several residency programs in cosmetic and reconstructive surgery. He then received his certification from the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
During his years of performing plastic surgery procedures, Dr. Wallach has become renowned for surgical excellence when it comes to safety, innovation, and satisfying results. He has been quoted in multiple publications such as New York Magazine, Newsweek, Vogue, O: The Oprah Magazine, InStyle, and more. He has also made television and radio talk show guest appearances discussing his cosmetic surgery experience and views.
Background & Certification
American Board of Plastic Surgery – Board Certified 1999
Passed Re-certification Exam April 2007 (in good standing until Dec 2019)
Passed Re-certification Exam April 2017 (in good standing until December 2029)
- Bruce F. Connell, M.D. Aesthetic and Cosmetic Postgraduate Fellowship from July 1996 – October 1996
- Albert Einstein College of Medicine/Montefiore Medical Center – Program: Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery July 1994-June 1996
- Bronx Municipal Hospital Center – Program: Burn Fellowship, July 1993-June 1994
- Albert Einstein College of Medicine/Montefiore Medical Center – Program: General Surgery Categorical 5-year position, completed 3 of 5 years from July 1990-June 1993
New York University School of Medicine
- Degree: M.D., May 1990
- Student Activities:
Hippocrates Project– an interactive computer learning model for medical education
Honors Program Research, Summers of 1987-1989
University of Pennsylvania
- Degree: Bachelor of Arts, June 1986
- Major: Biological Basis of Behavior
- Honors: Magna Cum Laude
- Attended Freshman year (9/82-5/83)
University of Iowa
- Attended Eight Week Secondary Student Training Program – Summers 1980 & 1981
Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Associate Clinical Professor 2007-present
Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Assistant Clinical Professor 1999-2007
Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Clinical Instructor 1996-1999
Publications and Presentations
Dr. Wallach is an Associate Editor for Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, the official publication for ASPS, as well as a former Editor for Aesthetic Surgery Journal, the official publication for the ASAPS. He is also the aesthetic section editor for the Plastic Surgery Education Network, a comprehensive online education portal for plastic surgeons and residents. He was a Board of Trustees member, and an Executive Board member of NYRSPS. He is involved with multiple educational committees in ASPS, ASAPS, and NYRSPS. He is also a reviewer of scientific manuscripts for Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Aesthetic Surgery Journal and the Journal of Plastic, Reconstructive, & Aesthetic Surgery.
He has published numerous peer-reviewed scientific articles on aesthetic surgery and has presented on such diverse topics as face lift surgery, neck lift surgery, nasal surgery, breast reduction surgery, tummy tuck surgery, liposuction, breast augmentation performed through the tummy tuck incision, limited access surgery, post-bariatric surgery treatment, and botulinum toxin.
Awards & Honors
Dr. Wallach has been featured in New York Magazine’s “Best Beauty Docs” issue as one of the field’s sharpest talents.
As an expert on plastic surgery, Dr. Wallach is regularly quoted in national and consumer magazines and newspapers including: New York Magazine, Newsweek, Vogue, O: The Oprah Magazine, InStyle, Elle, Family Circle, Glamour, Latina, and Shape just to name a few. He has also appeared on local and national television and radio talk shows to discuss his experience performing aesthetic surgery.
As one of the cutting edge experts in the field, Dr. Wallach consults on a regular basis with people in the beauty, media, and publishing worlds. He also collaborates with other plastic surgeons to educate the consumer on the latest tips, trends, and techniques in the field.
Affiliations & Memberships
Jacobi Medical Center/North Central Bronx Hospital, Associate Clinical Professor
Lenox Hill Hospital, Assistant Adjunct Physician
Manhattan Eye, Ear, and Throat Hospital, Assistant Attending
St. Luke’s-Roosevelt Hospital Center, Assistant Attending
Westchester County Medical Center, Attending
Dr. Wallach is a diplomat of the American Board of Plastic Surgery, an active member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS), NYRSPS, a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons, and a member of numerous other local and national societies.
Editor, ISRN Plastic Surgery Online Journal, 2012- present
Associate Editor, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Journal – 2009-present
Associate Editor, PRS-GO – 2013-2017
Editor, Aesthetic Surgery Journal 2009- 2012
Technical Editor, Aesthetic Surgery Journal – 2003-2008
Aesthetic Section Editor, Plastic Surgery Education Network – 2011 – 2017
American Society of Plastic Surgeons, Inc.
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Editorial Board Committee – 2010 – present
- Federal Affairs Committee- 2008- 2009
- Instructional Course Subcommittee Chair of the Practice Enhancement Subcommittee- 2012 – 2014
- Practice Enhancement Committee- Co-Chair – 2013
- Annual Meeting and Instructional Course Committee – 2008 – 2014
- ASPS Spokesperson Network 2006 – present
- Exhibits/Poster committee member – 2003-2006
New York Regional Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Trustee – 2009 – 2013
- President – 2008
- President-Elect – 2007
- Vice President – 2006
- Treasurer – 2005
- Masters Series Chairman – 2005 – present
- Co-Chairman Program Committee – 2005-present
- Secretary – 2004
- Executive Committee member- 2004-2013
- Program Committee member – 2003-present
- Excelsior Newsletter contributor – 2003 – present
Reviewer for Aesthetic Surgery Journal – 2002-present
Reviewer for Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Journal – 2001-present
Reviewer for Journal of Plastic, Reconstructive & Aesthetic Journal – 2010 – present
The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, Inc.
- Maintenance of Certification Committee- 2017 – Present
- Radar Resource Editorial Committee- 2017- present
- Patient Safety Committee- 2017 – present
- Aesthetic Training Committee- 2014- Present
- Traveling Professor Program Committee Chair- 2014 – Present
- Application Review Committee (Northeast) – elected position 2014-2017, three year term
- Application Review Committee (Northeast) – elected position 2014
- Aesthetic Immersion Module (AIM) Body Contour Module Leader – 2014 – Present
- Participated in 1st Leadership Development Program – May and Sept. 2013
- Endorsed Fellowship Oversight Committee – 2012 – present
- Finance and Investment Committee- 2012- 2015
- Continuing Medical Education Committee- 2010 – present
- Continuing Medical Education Committee Vice Chair -2016
- Continuing Medical Education Committee Chair– 2017- present
- Teller at ASAPS Business Meeting- 2010
- Cosmetic Medicine Commission – Injectable Safety Committee – 2009- 2015
- Time & Place Committee- 2008 – present
- Head Teller for ASAPS Business Meeting 2009
- Body Contouring Committee Vice Chair – 2009
- Body Contouring Committee- 2007- 2013
- Teller for the ASAPS Business Meeting 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010
- Spokesperson Network – 2007- present
- Body Contouring Following Massive Weight Loss Immediate Response Committee (ad hoc) 2005-2007
- Program Committee 2005– 2015
- Participated in Weekend Retreat for 2012 Scientific Program
- Aesthetic Surgery Journal Editorial Board Committee- 2004-2012
- Teaching Course Subcommittee- Chair 2011 – 2015
- Teaching Course Subcommittee – 2004 – 2015
Aesthetic Surgery Education and Research Foundation
Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
Medical Society of the State of New York 1996-2010
New York County Medical Society 1996-2010
d of Trustees of the New York Regional Society of Plastic Surgeons (NYRSPS).