M. Vincent Makhlouf MD, FACS
About the Practice
Our plastic surgery practice involves all aspects of plastic surgery: cosmetic, reconstructive, and hand surgical procedures.
Our focus is on cosmetic procedures such as abdominoplasty, buttock augmentation, breast enhancement and facial rejuvenation. Our knowledge comes from years of experience in attending to the needs of cosmetic surgery patients in Chicago and helping them realize their goals.
Plastic surgery is an intensely personal choice and you, the patient, need to be well informed in order to make the proper decision for yourself. Dr. Makhlouf and his staff will answer any questions you may have and work to empower you in your journey to aesthetic improvement.
Our practice specializes in cosmetic surgeries, from facelifts to body contouring such as mommy makeovers. We also offer nonsurgical facial rejuvenation like injectables and fillers, as well. Please find our comprehensive list, below:
Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck)
- Mini, Extended
- May be combined with fat transfer or Lipo
Blepharoplasty (eyelid fat removal)
- Uppers, lowers,
- May be combined with cheek lift
Breast Augmentation (silicone or saline)
- May be one side, bilateral, saline, or silicone
Buccal Fat Pad Removal (Cheek fat)
- Implant, Lipo, fat transfer, implant removal
Chemical Peel (full or half face)
Dermabrasion (large or small areas)
Face lift (Rhytidectomy)
Gynecomastia (Male breast removal)
Hand Rejuvenation/Chemical Peel
Hand Surgical Excision
Implant Removal w/ Breast lift
Implant Removal w/ Periareolar lift
Injectables (Botox, Radiesse, Restylane)
- Abdomen, head/neck, flanks
- May customize to your needs
Neck Lift (Platysmaplasty)
- Alar Resection, Rhinoplasty
Otoplasty Bilateral (ear tuck)
Removal of chin implant
Patient Photo GallerySee all cases submitted by M. Vincent Makhlouf MD, FACS
Background & Certification
Diplomate American Board of Plastic Surgery
Certificate of Added Qualification in Surgery of the Hand
Recertification in the Subspecialty of Surgery of the Hand 2005
The American University of Beirut, Beirut, Lebanon
October 1973 to June 29, 1981
American University Hospital
Internship - Surgery
Saint Joseph Hospital, Chicago, Illinois
Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
Saint Louis University, Saint Louis, Missouri
Fellowship in Hand Surgery
Publications and Presentations
• M. Vincent Makhlouf, M.D., Umbilical scar and abdominoplasty. International Society of Clinical Plastic Surgeons. November 2005
• M. Vincent Makhlouf, M.D., Ziad Obermeyer, M.Phil., Bipedicle Flap for Wounds following Achilles Tendon Repair. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. Volume 121, Number 4. April 2008. Viewpoints, p 235e.
• Symposium on Wrist Surgery. December 2008, University of Illinois
• Symposium on Plastic Reconstruction, Rush North Shore Medical Center, 2008.
• Symposium on Wrist Surgery. December 2009, University of Illinois
• Symposium on Flaps for Hand Coverage. January 2010, University of Illinois
• Symposium on Extensor Tendons. March 2010, University of Illinois
• Symposium Normal Relationships of the Face & Body. April 2010, University of Illinois
• Illinois Society of Plastic Surgeons, 1st Place Award on Tips, Tricks, and Techniques Competition, October 21, 2010
• Annals Plastic Surgery: Surgical Correction of Chronic Mallet Finger. Nidal Al Deek, M.D. and M. Vincent Makhlouf, M.D. 2011: 66(6): 670-672
• Tendon transfer, University of Chicago, Doctor Demistify. April 2011
• Brachioplasty Incision, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, 128(2): 97e-98e, August 2011... PMID: 21788815
• Invited Speaker at the Annual Meeting of American Society of Plastic Surgeons, September 2011, Denver, Colorado. Brachioplasty video.
• PSEN compartment syndrome. Victor J. Hassid, M.D., Benjamin Liliav, M.D., and M. Vincent Makhlouf, M.D. 2011
• Human Bites Resulting in Hand Infections: Is Eikenella a Bug of the Past?
• Victor J. Hassid, MD, Simple Banipal, MD, Benjamin Liliav, MD, M. Vincent Makhlouf, MD, Orhan Kaymakcalan, MD, University of Illinois at Chicago, IL; Department of Surgery, April 2012
• Midwest Association of Plastic Surgeons: New Concepts in Plastic Surgery, Brachioplasty, M. Vincent Makhlouf, MD, April 2012
• Journal of Hand Surgery: “Application of 3D Printing in Hand Surgery for Production of Novel Bone Reduction Clamp.” Submitted and accepted. June 2014. JHS-D-14-00098R1
• PSEN: Auricular Reconstruction Article. Submitted and accepted, January 2014.
• PSEN: Peri-orbital Reconstruction with TPF Flap Article. Submitted and accepted, June 2013.
• Aesthetic Surgery Journal: “Modified Aesthetic Umbilicoplasty as an Integral Component of Abdominoplasty.” Submitted June 2, 2014. ASJ-14-0053
• QMP: Aesthetic Surgery Symposium, November 6-9, 2014
• Midwest Association of Plastic Surgeons April 30, 2016. Technique for large volume implant buttocks augmentation.
Awards & Honors
2016 Illinois Society of Plastic Surgeons Recipient of the Distinguished Physician Award
Affiliations & Memberships
Advocate Lutheran Hospital - Park Ridge, Illinois
From 01/10/2014 to Present
Holy Family Hospital - Des Plaines, Illinois
From 03/01/1993 to Present
Swedish Covenant Hospital - Chicago, Illinois
From 06/13/2001 to Present
Mt. Sinai Hospital - Chicago, Illinois
From 10/24/2008 to Present
Fellow of the American College Surgeons
American Society of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeons
The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
International Society of Clinical Plastic Surgeons
The Midwestern Association of Plastic Surgeons
Illinois Society of Plastic Surgeons
American Society for Surgery of the Hand
Chicago Society for Surgery of the Hand
Chairman of Department of Surgery at Resurrection Health Care
Holy Family Hospital
06/2010 to 03/2013
President Illinois Society of Plastic Surgeons 2015
Staff & Facilities
Swedish Covenant Hospital, Chicago IL
Holy Family Hospital, Des Plaines IL
Advocate Lutheran Hospital, Park Ridge IL
Skin Care Products
English, French, Arabic, Spanish
Cash, Check, All credit cards, Care Credit, Prosper Healthcare Lending
"Ask a Question" Responses
I’m 5’8 and 125lbs, I’ve had 2 children. My figure is slim, I’ve started to work out to tone for the summer, I eat healthy, etc. I’m...
In my experience, any person who has significant redundancy of the skin around the belly button would significantly benefit from an abdominoplasty...
I'm a 52 yr old female who had breast augmentation in 1992. The implants are textured silicone from DOW. Although the left breast has always seems a...
The previous physicians have touched on very important issues. So, I will cover capsular contracture...
I'm 70 years old and in good health, with tight skin, so I've been told that I'm a good candidate by facial plastic surgeons that I've consulted...
Positive aesthetic outcomes are achievable in a 70 year old. One has to ask if the nose has changed over the years or if it was something you wanted...
I had botox injections for migraines about a week and a half ago. For the past week I have noticed significant progression in the drooping of one...
There are 2 reasons why one develops a droopy eyelid after Botox. In one situation, the medication has spread to the "levator" muscle that raise the...