Questions to Ask Yourself
Is surgery right for you? The following questions will help you determine if you’re ready for plastic surgery:
- Am I physically healthy, eating right, and not smoking?
- Am I prepared to make necessary lifestyle changes, such as quitting smoking, in order to have my surgery?
- Do I have realistic expectations for the results of my procedure?
- Am I exploring plastic surgery for myself or to fit someone else’s ideals?
- Have I spent time testing my knowledge about plastic surgery and exploring the qualifications of plastic surgeons?
- Have I told my plastic surgeon about medical conditions, drug allergies, and medical treatments (including those that involve fillers, facial shaping, and Botox)?
- Have I reviewed with my plastic surgeon my current use of medicines, vitamins, herbal supplements, alcohol, and drugs?
- Am I ready to do my part to ensure the success of my procedure?
- Do I know the procedure’s after-effects and recovery time?
- Do I have a responsible adult to care for me for at least 24 hours (or as long as recommended) after my procedure?
- Have all my questions been thoroughly addressed by my plastic surgeon?
- Have I read, understood, and signed informed consent documents for my procedure?