Larry S. Nichter MD, MS, FACS
About the Practice
What sets our practice apart is that we focus on the patient experience. Our goal is to create a warm, friendly environment to make the process of plastic surgery less intimidating. From your first consultation through your surgery and follow-up visits, our staff will make you feel completely comfortable at the Pacific Center for Plastic Surgery.
Obagi Blue Peel®
Botox & Injectables
Surgery for Men
Background & Certification
American Board of Plastic Surgery, American Board of Surgery, Fellow, American College of Surgeons (F.A.C.S.)
An honors graduate of Boston University School of Medicine, Dr. Nichter went on to complete his internship and residency in general surgery at UCLA Medical Center. Subsequently, he completed his Plastic Surgery residency at the University of Virginia. In addition, Dr. Nichter completed several advanced Plastic Surgical Fellowships at the University of Virginia as well as completing a Masters of Science degree in Surgery. His training included extensive exposure to advanced Aesthetic Surgical Techniques.
His career began in 1985 as a professor of plastic surgery at the esteemed University of Southern California. Over the years, he has trained and mentored countless plastic surgery residents and fellows.
Publications and Presentations
Dr. Nichter has written more than 135 journal articles, book chapters and a book on Plastic Surgery.
Read some of Dr. Nichter's blogs/articles:
Awards & Honors
Outstanding resident awarded by UCLA, American College of Surgeons research award, Orange County Medical Society Physician of Excellence, Super Doctors 2016 and 2017, Best Doctors’ Award, Real Self Top Doctor, Patients’ Choice Award, Castle Connolly America’s Top Doctors Award, Compassionate Doctor Award
Affiliations & Memberships
Dr. Nichter has many hospital affiliations, but to name a few:
Memorial Medical Center of Long Beach
Long Beach Community Medical Center
St. Mary’s Medical Center
Los Alamitos Medical Center
Hoag Memorial Hospital
St. Joseph’s Hospital
- American Society of Plastic Surgery
- American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- California Society of Plastic Surgery
- American Association of Plastic Surgery
- American College of Surgeons
- American Laser Medical Society
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
- Chairman, Department of Plastic Surgery, Hoag Memorial Hospital, Newport Beach, CA, Clinical Professor
- USC Division of Plastic Surgery, Clinical Professor (Vol.), University of California, Irvine, Division of Plastic Surgery.
- Dr. Nichter serves on committees for the American Society of Plastic Surgery, American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery and has served as a Board Examiner for the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
- Dr. Nichter is the President and Founder of the Plasticos Foundation, a non-profit medical group, which performs reconstructive surgery on children and adults in impoverished areas of the world where medical care is not readily available. In 2016, a new local initiative called Reshaping Lives CA was launched to meet the reconstructive surgical needs of those without medical care or financial means. Dr. Nichter has participated in more than 70 medical missions through the Plasticos Foundation and other organizations. A film, The Story of Healing, documenting his mission to Vietnam earned an Oscar Academy Award. Visit the Plasticos Foundation website for more information.
Staff & Facilities
Hoag Hospital, Newport Center for Special Surgery, Sun Surgery Center, Pacific Center for Plastic Surgery Surgical Suite
Our practice would like the choice for cosmetic surgery to be as easy as possible. Financing programs create the opportunity for you to schedule the procedure you desire, at the time you want.
Pacific Center for Plastic Surgery offers financing options: CareCredit®
Get the procedures you want, when you want them
Pay over time with low minimal monthly payments
Have a financial resource for additional procedures
Pay no annual fees
Loans for in office procedures such as Botox™, Laser treatments, Restylane, and others