John P. Zimmermann MD
About the Practice
Aesthetic Surgery Center of Napa Valley is the plastic and cosmetic surgery practice of John P. Zimmermann, MD. Located in the midst of wine country, the practice is home to a relaxing spa environment and state-of-the-art surgical facility. Dr. Zimmermann is committed to offering the safest, most effective procedures that can help patients reach their goals. Understanding that plastic surgery can often be a difficult decision, he and his team provide valuable resources to help patients understand what to expect during the surgical process. Their mission is to provide the highest quality surgical care possible while educating patients so they can make more informed decisions.
Dr. Zimmermann performs a wide variety of plastic surgery procedures for the face, breast, and body. He offers such options as breast augmentation, breast lift, abdominoplasty, liposuction, and facelift surgery. For those interested in less invasive rejuvenation options, he also offers non-surgical treatments like BOTOX® injections and various spa services. Dr. Zimmermann works closely with each patient to help them find the most beneficial treatment plan for their individual needs.
Background & Certification
Dr. Zimmermann is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, which holds its members to the highest standards of safety and surgical care.
- Chief Residency, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Stanford University Medical Center, Stanford, CA, 1978-79
- Residency in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Stanford University Medical Center and Affiliated Hospitals, Stanford, CA, 1976-79
- Residency in General Surgery, Stanford University Medical Center and Affiliated Hospitals, Stanford, CA, 1971, 1974-76
- Fellowship in Head and Neck Surgery, Roswell Park Memorial Institute, NY, 1977
- Straight Surgical Internship, Stanford University Medical Center, Stanford, CA, 1970-71
- Medical College of Wisconsin (previously Marquette School of Medicine), Milwaukee, WI, Doctor of Medicine, Honors graduate, 1966-70.
- Bachelor of Science in Biology and Chemistry, Marquette University, Milwaukee, WI, Honors graduate, 1963-66.
- U.S. Air Force Flight Surgeon: Azores, Portugal; Dover, Delaware; San Antonio, Texas, November 1971-December 1973
Clinical Assistant Professor with the Division of Plastic Surgery at Stanford University School of Medicine
Publications and Presentations
- Frederick Finseth, M.D., John P. Zimmermann, M.D. and Donald Liggins, F.R.A.C.S., “Prevention of Muscle Necrosis in an Experimental Neurovascular Island Flap by a Vasodilator Drug -Isoxsupine”, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Journal, Volume 63, Number 6, Pages 774-780, June 1979.
- Frederick Finseth, M.D., John P. Zimmermann, M.D., “Prevention of Necrosis in Island Myocutaneous Flaps in the Pig by Treatment with Isoxsupine”, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Journal, Volume 64, Number 4, Pages 536-539, October 1979.
- California Society of Plastic Surgeons Annual Meeting, May, 2007, San Francisco, CA, “The Latest in Mini-Lifts” (Moderator) and “What’s New in Fillers/Injectables/Fat Transfer” (Panelist)
- American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Annual Meeting, April 2007, New York, NY, “New Facial Rejuvenation Technique and Tools”
- California Society of Plastic Surgeons Annual Meeting, May, 2005, Sonoma, CA, “Periorbital and Midface Rejuvenation”
- California Society of Plastic Surgeons Annual Meeting, May, 2006, Las Vegas, NV, “Periorbital and Midface Rejuvenation – The Midface Lift”
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons Annual Meeting, September, 2005, Chicago, IL, “Face and Brow Rejuvenation”
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons Annual Meeting, October, 2006, San Francisco, CA, “New Techniques in Facial Aesthetic Surgery”
- Stanford University Medical Center, March, 2006, Palo Alto, CA, Director and Panelist: Symposium on “Breast Augmentation: What We Do and Why We Do It” and Multiple Journal Clubs/Resident Lectures
Affiliations & Memberships
- Queen of the Valley Hospital, Napa, CA
- Stanford University Hospital, Stanford, CA
- American Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons
- American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons
- California Society of Plastic Surgeons (Board of Directors, 1993-1996)
- Alpha Omega Alpha, Honor Medical Society
- Liposuction Society (Charter Member)
- Napa County Medical Society
- California Medical Association
- American Society of Office Based Surgery
- Zedplast (Stanford University School of Medicine Plastic Surgery Alumni Association)
During the consultation process, Dr. Zimmermann listens closely to what the patient is concerned with and what they hope to improve. He then performs an examination of the area being discussed to determine which treatments may be most beneficial for helping the patient reach their goals. Based on the available solutions, Dr. Zimmermann may present before-and-after pictures and additional information to help the patient learn more about their options and to make a more informed decision about their surgical care. While at the consultation, the Napa Valley plastic surgeon encourages people to express any concerns and ask any questions they may have. His goal is to educate patients and help them find the best solution possible for reaching their ideal outcome.
Staff & Facilities
The surgical facility where Dr. Zimmermann operates is fully accredited by the American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgical Facilities (AAAASF), which requires operating rooms follow the highest standards of safety. Additionally, he and his team utilize state-of-the-art technology and equipment to ensure the best results possible.
Skin Care Products
The ZO® Skin Health line of products is available to patients desiring a more advanced skin care regimen. Through the prescription-strength products, patients have the ability to achieve beautiful skin, maintain their beautiful results, and prevent further damage from occurring. Products are available to treat a wide range of concerns, including acne, signs of aging, sun damage, and more.
Payment is accepted in the form of cash, checks, Visa, MasterCard, or American Express. Should assistance be needed, financing is available through CareCredit™.