Jeffrey DeWeese MD
About the Practice
At Looking Glass Plastic Surgery, we pride ourselves on a having a great doctor, a warm and knowledgeable staff, and convenient onsite health and wellness services, all under one roof.
Male Breast Reduction
Upper Arm Lift
Background & Certification
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery, re-certified 2003
Jeffrey DeWeese knew from a young age that he wanted to be a doctor. Growing up in suburban Ohio, this desire was cultivated during his formative years, and by the time he graduated college, he couldn’t wait to get to medical school. But it wasn’t until a fateful rotation in the ER that his intent to make plastic surgery his life’s work crystallized. Watching a gifted colleague perform emergency reconstructive facial surgery to mend a little girl who had mauled by the family dog, Dr. DeWeese knew he had found his calling. The blend of art and science—both lifelong passions of his—attendant with performing plastic surgery spoke to him in that moment, and it still inspires and stimulates Dr. DeWeese to this day.
Dr. DeWeese excelled throughout his formal education and medical training.
- Bachelor of Arts, magna cum laude, Chemistry, Case Western Reserve University
- Doctor of Medicine, Indiana University School of Medicine, 1985
- Residency, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, St. Francis Memorial Hospital, San Francisco
It has always been important to Dr. DeWeese to share his knowledge and insights with the next generation of plastic surgeons. This is borne out of his passion for the craft and his desire to benefit an even broader range of patients.
- Faculty, Former St. Francis Memorial Hospital Plastic Surgery Resident Training Program
- Former Assistant Instructor, Indiana University Dept. of Medical Sciences
- Published in Plastic Surgical Techniques, 1995
Publications and Presentations
Dr. DeWeese has been lauded in the press and publications for his excellent work. Most recently, he assisted victims of the San Bruno gas explosions while on call as St. Francis Memorial. Below are a sampling of articles and case studies highlighting Dr. DeWeese.
- Dr. DeWeese Saves War Torn Child (San Francisco Chronicle Saturday June 26, 1999)
- Medical Profiles: Showcasing Bay Area Healthcare Professionals (San Francisco Magazine, January 2003)Business Spotlight: Dr. Jeffrey E. DeWeese - A plastic surgeon with ironclad values (San Francisco 7 x 7, March 2004)
- Business Spotlight: Dr. Jeffrey E. DeWeese - A plastic surgeon with ironclad values (San Francisco 7 x 7, March 2004)
Affiliations & Memberships
St. Francis Memorial Hospital
Seton Medical Center
Dr. DeWeese has established himself as exemplary in plastic surgeon over the course of his career, becoming Board Certified and receiving numerous other distinctions. He is encouraged by the fact that his work and dedication have been recognized so highly by his peers.
- Member, American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
Let's talk about you.
Your new look is closer than you think. Call us at (415) 292-2344 or submit the form to the right to schedule your consultation.
During your consultation, Dr. DeWeese will sit down with you and give you his full attention. He will encourage you to share your personal hopes, and together you will explore your desired outcomes from surgery. Dr. DeWeese is an experienced board-certified plastic surgeon skilled in enhancing the appearances of both men and women.
Your private consultation includes:
- A thorough conversation and assessment
- Computer imaging session
- Explanation of your plastic surgery options
- Recommendations for treatment
- A tour of the Looking Glass facility
Staff & Facilities
Financing Available through CareCredit .