Geoffrey Evans Leber MD, FACS
About the Practice
Dr. Geoffrey E. Leber is a board-certified plastic surgeon trained in advanced aesthetic surgery. Based in Boston, Massachusetts and Scottsdale, Arizona, Dr. Leber brings the latest techniques in surgical and non-surgical cosmetic enhancement to both regions of the country. With two successful practices serving the Boston and Scottsdale communities, Dr. Leber abides by a philosophy of comprehensive patient education, unmatched patient care, and overall surgical excellence.
During the consultation process, Dr. Leber strives to provide a clear understanding of the possibilities, as well as the limitations, of each procedure. His goal is to foster unfaltering patient trust by offering a realistic idea of what to expect from plastic surgery. Using techniques designed to optimize the long-term outcome of treatment while minimizing scarring, downtime, and discomfort as much as possible, Dr. Leber is dedicated to achieving the most beautiful and natural-looking improvements to the face and body.
Dr. Leber credits his surgical aptitude to his prestigious fellowship in Beverly Hills under Dr. Richard Ellenbogen—also known as “Dr. 90210” or the “father of fat grafting”—of the Ellenbogen Advanced Aesthetic Surgery Institute. With his comprehensive educational background and unique training, Dr. Leber was able to develop more effective surgical techniques in certain procedures, such as the Dermal Wing Mastopexy— an approach that can reduce the possibility of recurrent breast sag after breast lift surgery.
Dr. Leber and his team of aesthetic professionals aim to provide high-quality cosmetic plastic surgery in a caring and private environment. He places great emphasis on safety, a higher standard of patient care, and first-rate results.
Dr. Leber focuses exclusively on cosmetic surgery for the face, breasts, body, and skin. His services include facial plastic surgery, breast enhancement, body contouring, and non-surgical injectable treatments. From tummy tuck, mommy makeover, breast augmentation, and breast lift surgery to a facelift, blepharoplasty, brow lift, and gynecomastia treatment, Dr. Leber offers a broad spectrum of the most popular surgical procedures to ensure patients have a cosmetic solution for their every concern. In addition, minimally invasive treatments at Dr. Leber’s practices include BOTOX® Cosmetic, JUVÉDERM®, CoolSculpting®, Restylane®, and Dysport®.
Background & Certification
American Board of Plastic Surgery, 2003
- Ellenbogen Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Institute — Aesthetic Surgery Fellowship (July 2000 to December 2000)
- Medical College of Wisconsin — Plastic Surgery Residency (1998 to 2000)
- Baystate Medical Center — General Surgery Residency (1993 to 1998)
- Hahnemann University School of Medicine — Doctor of Medicine (1989 - 1993)
- The University of Arizona — Bachelor of Arts in Biochemistry (1984 - 1988)
Publications and Presentations
- Leber GE, Ellenbogen R. “Dermabrasion Versus Laser Resurfacing.” Comment in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Volume 106(7), June 2001.
- Leber GE, Gosain AK, “Surgical Excision of Supernumerary Digits to Prevent Post Ligation Neuroma.” Pediatric Dermatology March, 2003.
- Leber GE, Dzwierzynski WW, Sanger JR. “M-80 Explosive Hand Injuries”— Submitted to Journal of Hand Surgery
- Leber GE, Garb JL, Alexander A, Reed WP. “Long-Term Complications Associated with Prosthetic Repair of Incisional Hernias.” Archives of Surgery; 133:378-382, 1998.
- Caliendo SNS, Leber GE. “A Courtroom Lesson in Physician Assisted Suicide.” Pennsylvania Medicine 95(9):40-42, 1992
- Murthy SNS, Shim H, Shah R, Leber GE, Ibrahim S, Cooper H and Clearfield HR. “Low Doses of Intracolonic Cyclosporin Enhanced Healing in Rodent Inflammatory Bowel Disease.” Proceedings of the Fifth International Symposium on Inflammation #196, September 1990.
Awards & Honors
- Voted “Most Compassionate Doctor” (2010 – 2012)— Awarded to physicians who demonstrate the utmost kindness in their bedside manner and overall patient care.
- Certificate of Advanced Education in Cosmetic Surgery by the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons, (2013 – 2015)— Given the constant evolution of new technologies and treatment protocols in cosmetic plastic surgery, the “Certificate of Advanced Education in Cosmetic Surgery” is designed to recognize plastic surgeons who exhibit a notable level of commitment to continuing education in aesthetic surgery.
- Patients’ Choice Award (2008 – 2012)— Voted by patients, the Patients’ Choice Award is granted to physicians who make a positive, life-changing difference in the lives of their patients. Recipients received near perfect scores in their evaluations.
- Patients’ Choice 5-Year Honoree Award (2012)— Granted to only 1% of all doctors in the United States, the Patients’ Choice 5th Anniversary Award is granted to doctors who exhibit superior levels of excellence for five years in a row, as voted by patients.
- Physician Recognition Award by the American Medical Association
- Featured as Top Plastic Surgeon in So Scottsdale
- America’s Top Plastic Surgeons (2004, 2005, 2012)
- Top Plastic Surgeon in Phoenix Magazine’s “Top Doctor” (2010)— The “Top Doctor” award by Phoenix Magazine is designed to honor physicians in the area who demonstrate a higher level of skill within their field, as voted on by fellow medical professionals in a peer-review survey.
- “Excellence in Customer Satisfaction” by Arizona’s Talk of the Town (2011)— The 2011 Talk of the Town award for “Excellence in Customer Satisfaction” is granted to companies and businesses who exceed customer expectation and achieve highly-rated online customer and business reviews.
- “Best of 2012 Paradise Valley”, Plastic Surgeon
- “Super Service Award” by Angie’s List (2012)—Awarded to only 5% of qualifying businesses per category in each market, the Angie’s List “Super Service Award” honors healthcare providers who maintain exemplary service ratings and reviews on Angie’s List.
- Top Beauty Experts by New Beauty Magazine (2014)
- Top Plastic Surgeon in Scottsdale, AZ by the International Association of Plastic Surgeons (2015)
- “10 Best” Plastic Surgeon in Arizona by the American Institute of Plastic Surgeons (2016 – 2017)
- Best of Scottsdale Award (2014, 2015, 2016)
Affiliations & Memberships
- Paradise Valley Outpatient Surgery Center—Scottsdale, AZ
- Greenbaum Surgery Center—Scottsdale, AZ
- Scottsdale Healthcare— Shea Campus
- Scottsdale Health—Osborn Campus
- Biltmore Surgery Center—Phoenix, AZ
- McCormick Ranch Surgery Center— Scottsdale, AZ
- Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary— Boston, MA
- Newton Wellesley Hospital— Newton, MA
- The Boston Center— Boston, MA
- New England Surgery Center— Beverly, MA
- American College of Surgeons
- Arizona Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- Arizona Medical Association
- Good Standing, Arizona State Board of Medical Examiners
- Good Standing, Massachusetts Board of Registration in Medicine
- Good Standing, The Medical Board of California
Dr. Leber places great importance on providing a thorough and informative consultation in order to establish comprehensive patient education. This can allow you to become familiar with the plastic surgery process while giving you the opportunity to ask any questions you may have about your procedure of interest.
As the beginning of the treatment process, Dr. Leber considers the initial consultation critical. After listening closely to your concerns, he will suggest the best procedures to help you achieve your cosmetic goals and provide before-and-after photos of the previous outcomes achieved. With over 10,000 photos in his comprehensive gallery, Dr. Leber makes it easy for you to learn what can potentially be achieved with treatment. From there, a personalized surgical plan is created to attain the desired outcome , and you will learn everything you need to know with regard to pre-operative care, recovery, post-operative scarring, and other relevant information.
Staff & Facilities
Dr. Leber and his team of registered nurses and board-certified anesthesiologists operate in a fully-accredited surgical facility, where patients are afforded the highest standards of safety, cleanliness, and privacy. Patient comfort is placed as a top priority throughout every stage of the treatment process. A warm and inviting reception area, as well as relaxing examination and treatment rooms, are featured at both of Dr. Leber’s Boston and Scottsdale practices.
Dr. Leber accepts all major payment methods at his practices, including cash, personal checks, Visa®, MasterCard®, and American Express®. Additionally, he works with highly reputable financing companies like CareCredit® and Prosper® Healthcare Lending to help provide qualified patients with an affordable means of payment.