Brooke R. Seckel MD, FACS
About the Practice
Dr. Brooke Seckel is a Harvard trained, Board Certified Boston plastic surgeon with over 30 years of experience providing skilled plastic surgery and aesthetic services in an ethical and honest manner to his many Boston Area patients. Dr. Seckel prides himself in treating all patients in a kind, patient and professional way, taking the time to truly understand your goals and aspirations when you seek plastic surgery consultation. Dr. Brooke Seckel served as Chairman of Plastic Surgery at Lahey Clinic for 25 years before entering private practice in 2006. He has achieved many honors for his work in Plastic Surgery including being named Best Plastic Surgeon in Boston by Boston Magazine, Top Surgeons in America and Best Doctors in America.
Dr. Seckel has a special interest in Breast Augmentation, Tummy Tuck, Facelift, Eyelid Surgery, and non-surgical facial rejuvenation and anti aging skin care.
You will be treated with respect and caring during your visit to Dr. Seckel’s practice at Boston Plastic Surgery Specialists as he and all of his staff adhere to the following important mission statement:
• Professionalism–all surgeons are certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and will always treat you in a respectful, ethical and professional manner.
• Experience–36 years of combined experience in cosmetic Plastic Surgery, Medical Anesthetics and Laser Procedures.
• Safety–all surgeries are performed in a Hospital or Ambulatory Surgery Center annually certified by the Massachusetts Department of Health and the Joint Commission for Accreditation of Hospitals (JCAHO). Inpatient overnight stay accommodations are available.
• Patient–Centered Care–the focus of our practice is always on you and your goals. We listen to your concerns and goals and design our procedures to achieve the result that you desire. We do not apply “text book” solutions to aesthetic procedures but do our best to individualize our treatments for your unique face, breast, body, or skin concern.
• Honesty–trust in your Plastic Surgeon is essential for a successful outcome. At Boston Plastic Surgery Specialists we treat you with honesty and sincerity.
• Artistic Sensitivity-the beauty of the human face and form is an artistic ideal. At Boston Plastic Surgery Specialists we combine our artistic intuition and surgical skills with modern plastic surgery techniques to enhance the beauty of the human face, breast, body and skin.
• State of the Art Procedures–Boston Plastic Surgery Specialists are nationally and internationally recognized innovators and teachers of Plastic Surgery with teaching appointments at Harvard Medical School and other major Boston area medical institutions. Boston Plastic Surgery Specialists teach at and attend major Plastic Surgery meetings and stay current on the most effective and safest Plastic Surgery procedures to achieve the best possible result for Face, Breast, Body and the Skin Aesthetics.
Dr. Seckel has offices at The Boston Center at 170 Commonwealth Avenue, Boston 02116 phone number 617-455-2859 and at Emerson Hospital at 131 ORNAC, Concord, Massachusetts 01742 phone number 978-369-4499. Dr. Seckel is on the staff of the Lahey Clinic, Emerson Hospital and the Boston Center for Ambulatory Surgery.
Dr. Seckel performs many different Aesthetic Surgery and Non-surgicaL rejuvenation procedures. However he has a special interest in Breast Augmentation, Tummy Tuck, Facelift, Eyelid Surgery, and non-surgical facial rejuvenation and anti aging skin care.
Background & Certification
American Board of Plastic Surgery: 1983
American Board of Emergency Medicine: 1981
American Board of Neurology: 1976
Undergraduate Degree: Ohio University, Summa Cum Laude - 1965
Medical School: Medical College of Virginia - 1969
Internship: University of California, San Diego, CA
Surgical Residency: New England Medical Center, Boston, MA
Plastic Surgery Residency: Brigham & Womens Hospital / Childrens Hospital, Boston, MA
Assistant Professor of Surgery, Harvard Medical School
Assistant Clinical Professor of Surgery, Tufts U. School of Medicine
Publications and Presentations
Dr. Seckel has 100 published articles and 4 books.
Awards & Honors
1965, Phi Beta Kappa-Omicron Delta Kappa-Phi Kappa Phi
Best Doctors in America: 2003 through 2013
Top Plastic Surgeon in Boston by Boston Magazine
Top Surgeons in America-2013
Affiliations & Memberships
The Lahey Clinic
American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS)
American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
Plastic Surgery Education Foundation (PSEF)
American Association of Plastic Surgeons (AAPS)
Chairman Plastic Surgery Lahey Clinic 1985-2005, Chairman Emeritus now, Assistant Professor of Surgery Harvard Medical School
Testimonials for Brooke R. Seckel MD, FACS, MD FACS from DocScores
We pride ourselves in providing you with a secure, warm, respectful, professional and patient centered environment for your consultation at Boston Plastic Surgery Specialists. Our focus is on you and learning what your unique goals and needs are that bring you to our office. Our Boston Plastic Surgeons will treat you in a courteous, respectful and caring manner as we are friendly down to earth professionals whose first concern is your comfort and helping you achieve your goals. Dr. Brooke Seckel will meet with you and learn what procedure you are interested in and specifically what you hope to achieve. Next the doctor will explain the various options that may be best for you. You will then be encouraged to ask questions about the procedures that have been discussed. Next the doctor’s assistant will help you prepare for your examination. Your examination will be done in discreet privacy and will always be chaperoned by an assistant. Following your examination the doctor will discuss in detail the recommendations to help you achieve your unique goals. HIPPA protected photos will be taken for your medical record only with your written permission and will become part of your private medical record to be used in planning your procedure. After your consultation, if you desire, a surgical quote covering the cost of the procedure will be prepared for you. If you are ready to book a date for a procedure, the schedule will be checked to find a date for your procedure.
Staff & Facilities
Two excellent surgical facilities are available for your procedure, both fully accredited and both have overnight stay available for your comfort.
The Boston Center is the premiere ambulatory surgical center in Boston devoted exclusively to outpatient cosmetic plastic surgery procedures. It is the first such Center in Boston and has operated continuously since 1981. It is the only Boston area Joint Commission on Accreditation of Health Care Organizations (JCAHO) accredited ambulatory surgery unit committed solely to cosmetic plastic surgery. This facility was given the maximum possible updated evaluation score after its latest JCAHO evaluation.
Emerson Hospital in Concord, Massachusetts is a well-known community hospital about 16 miles west of Boston. Emerson Hospital is fully accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) and has received their Gold Seal of Approval. The Joint Commission conducts rigorous surveys to ensure that hospitals nationwide are adhering to the strict standards of care mandated by the state and federal governments.
Skin Care Products
Dr. Seckel’s 6 Step Facial Rejuvenation Program, Obagi, My Body, Biomedic, IS, and Jane Iredale Mineral Makeup
"Ask a Question" Responses
I was a Barely B cup size before implants 12 years ago, but I breast fed and they sagged ... so when I got implants I went really big from 34 barely...
Breast lift creates visible scars so I would be concerned about keloids. Best to remove implants and wait to see how you look.
Can you have breast implants on top of the muscle and underneath the muscle? I have 465 high profile on top of the muscle.
Best to avoid double implants under and over the muscle. Discrepancy may be visible through the skin. It may increase your chances for complications...
A surgeon recommended to lift my nipple position due to the short distance from my breast fold and nipple; 5.5cm. Is that really necessary? She will...
Avoid breast augmentation incision through areola-there is increased chance of capsular contracture. Your surgeon should be able to center your...
I am 12 mos. post op and my breasts are beautiful but they HURT!!!!!! I weigh 114 lbs. and have silicone 425. I do not want to remove them but have a...
Your breast implants should not hurt at 12 months so you need an examination by your plastic surgeon for a diagnosis of what is causing the pain. If...
Hello, I am a very physically active female and I'd like to know what type of breast implants would be best so that I still look very natural. Also...
Smaller breast implants in the 250cc range often look more natural. Round breast implants such as moderate profile plus can look more natural that...