Amy Alderman MD
About the Practice
Dr. Amy Alderman is a nationally known, board certified plastic surgeon who approaches cosmetic surgery with the aim of enhancing natural beauty and restoring confidence. Dr. Alderman listens closely to understand each patient’s personal and social situation, desires, and concerns and then tailors surgical plans to meet these unique needs.
Chin & Cheek
Face & Neck Lifts
Thigh, Hip & Buttock Lift
Ultra Cohesive Gel Implants
Background & Certification
American Board of Plastic Surgery
• Bachelor of Arts Sociology – Birmingham-Southern College
• Medical Degree – The University of Alabama School of Medicine
• General Surgery Residency – University of Michigan
• Plastic Surgery Residency – University of Michigan
• Health Management and Policy – University of Michigan School of Public Health
• Robert Wood Johnson Clinical Scholar – University of Michigan School of Medicine
Awards & Honors
Dr. Alderman was graduate valedictorian of her medical school class at the University of Alabama-Birmingham School of Medicine, and during her plastic surgery residency at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, she was accepted into the prestigious Robert Wood Johnson Clinical Scholars fellowship. In 2014, she received the national award for Outstanding Achievement in Plastic Surgery Research from the Plastic Surgery Foundation.
A leader in cosmetic and breast surgery, Dr. Alderman has given many presentations, published many articles, and has contributed to textbooks. She is a frequent oral examiner for the American Board of Plastic Surgery, past president of the University of Michigan Plastic Surgery Alumni Association, current treasurer of the Georgia Society of Plastic Surgeons, board member for the National Accreditation for Breast Centers and Vice Chairperson for the American Society of Plastic Surgeons Education Aesthetic Council. She has also been awarded Jezebel’s Best Body Contouring Surgeon of Atlanta and Vitals Compassionate Doctor Award.
Affiliations & Memberships
• American Society of Plastic Surgeons
• American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
• American Association of Plastic Surgeons
• Georgia Society of Plastic Surgeons
• Southeastern Society of Plastic Surgeons
• National Board of Medical Examiners for Plastic Surgery
• American College of Surgeons
• University of Michigan Dingman Alumni Association
• Michigan Academy of Plastic Surgeons
• American Society of Plastic Surgeons Clinical Trials Committee
• American Society of Plastic Surgeons Venous Thromboembolism Task Force
• American Society of Plastic Surgeons Breast Surgery Task Force
Call us today at 770-667-0904 to schedule a consultation.
Staff & Facilities
Featuring on-premises accredited surgical suites, The Swan Center for Plastic Surgery has state-of the-art systems in place to ensure patient safety before, during and after surgery. Operating and recovery rooms are equipped to hospital standards, Registered Nurses meet with you during every visit, and our friendly, experienced staff is trained to anticipate your questions and concerns. Continuing education of all of our staff, including ACLS Certification, is a commitment we make to ensure that our patients receive the most advanced techniques in cosmetic surgery.
The surgical suites are accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO). JCAHO is recognized nationwide as a symbol of quality that reflects an organization’s commitment to meeting specialized performance standards, and an important safety consideration for those choosing to have cosmetic surgery.