What method is best to use for replacing my implants?

I had saline implants done in 1996. Placement was done through the armpits and they were placed under the muscle. I am starting to have puckering on the left breast. I would like to have them replaced with silicone. I am wondering if they can be replaced using the same method to avoid scars on my breasts? I am also wondering what a reasonable price is and if the method used affects the cost?

Replacement of your 18 year old implants is a reasonable consideration. The puckering you mention could indicate that something different than replacement would be needed. Ask your surgeon to determine the cause of the changes, and whether new and different fill implants would likely solve that issue. Other options include re-positioning implants to a different pocket, adding fat grafts or acellular dermal matrix. Ideal Implant company makes a saline filled implant that may feel more like a gel implant. Some patients develop excessive tissue thinning, and need removal of their implants all together.

Your first step is probably to find a surgeon in your area experienced in revisional breast surgery. As far as the trans-axillary approach for secondary surgery, you would have to ask your surgeon, as most favor inframammary approach for revisions.

Sutton L. Graham, II., MD, FACS
Sutton L. Graham, II., MD, FACS
615 Halton RdGreenvilleSC29607US

Sutton L. Graham, II., MD, FACS

615 Halton Rd, #100, Greenville, SC,



An examination is absolutely necessary in your case. Please seek out an evaluation & examination expediently. Puckering or indentation of a female beast could be an sign/ symptom of Breast Cancer. Hopefully, this is not the case. Best,

Gary R Culbertson, MD, FACS

Gary R. Culbertson, MD, FACS
Gary R. Culbertson, MD, FACS
18 Miller RdSumterSC29150US

Gary R. Culbertson, MD, FACS

18 Miller Rd, Sumter, SC, UNITED STATES,