All Body Contouring News

  • What Is Fat Grafting?

    According to J. Peter Rubin, MD, Chair of the University of Pittsburgh’s Department of Plastic Surgery, fat transfer is a minimally invasive technique in which fat is removed from what part of the body with liposuction methods, and the fat is processed to prepare it for grafting, and then the fat is injected into another part of the body. The advantages are that it uses your own body’s tissue instead of artificial implants or other synthetic materials. Additionally, it is a minimally invasive technique so the incisions where the fat is injected and collected are very small. 

  • What is Stem Cell Therapy?

    According to J. Peter Rubin, MD, Chair of the University of Pittsburgh’s Department of Plastic Surgery, stem cells are small cells that live within the tissues of our bodies that serve a very important purpose. They are a supply pool of cells that can replenish and regenerate the tissue of the organ in which they live. Stem cells are capable of releasing healing growth factors that can participate in the healing process. 

  • What is Cellulite?

    Cellulite may be viewed as fat storage that allows women to carry pregnancies and breast feed; 90 percent of women have cellulite and the other 10 percent think they have it. While cellulite certainly isn't a serious or dangerous skin condition, those who have it may be self-conscious about the appearance of dimpled, puckered skin on areas such as the buttocks, thighs and hips. It is caused by an unevenness of the fatty tissue beneath the skin surface, according to the Mayo Clinic. 

  • What goes into a Mommy Makeover?

    If you've been doing research on cosmetic surgery, you've likely come across the term "Mommy Makeover." There is often confusion over this phrase, as some people think it consists of one singular plastic surgery procedure. In actuality, a Mommy Makeover can involve any number of plastic surgeries depending on what the patient is looking for. 

  • New laser system works under the skin to blast cellulite

    A new FDA-approved laser called Cellulaze is designed to reach under the skin to change the underlying structure that causes cellulite. American women have gobbled up cellulite products and nonsurgical treatments such as massage, suction and radio waves. The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) reports to Harper's Bazaar that ninety percent of all women experience cellulite to some degree.