Sandeep Jejurikar MD
About the Practice
Dr. Sandeep Jejurikar is a board-certified plastic surgeon serving suburban Chicago. Patients choose him for more than his impressive credentials; they appreciate that he fosters strong relationships, providing support, information and high quality care every step of the way.
Cosmetic surgery should enhance your natural beauty, preserving your unique characteristics while refining them. Dr. Jejurikar performs a broad range of procedures to improve your appearance from head to toe:
Breasts: Breast enhancement procedures include breast enlargement, breast lift, breast reduction, male breast reduction, and correction of inverted nipples.
Body: Body contouring procedures include tummy tucks, liposuction, body lifting, and Mommy Makeovers.
Face: Facial sculpting procedures include face lift, brow lift, eyelid surgery, rhinoplasty, cheek & chin implants, and ear surgery.
Skin: Non-surgical skin care procedures include BOTOX® Cosmetic, injectable fillers, peels, and resurfacing.
You're committed to looking and feeling your best, so you deserve a surgeon who shares your commitment. Dr. Jejurikar goes above and beyond to ensure patient safety and optimal results. With his extensive education and experience, technical precision, and compassionate bedside manner, Dr. Jejurikar is a surgeon you can trust to help you accomplish your goals.
Background & Certification
Certification in the Subspecialty of Surgery of the Hand
American Board of Plastic Surgery
American Board of Plastic Surgery
National Board of Medical Examiners
Certifying Course in LASER
Safety and Techniques
Department of Surgery
University of Chicago
Dr. Sandeep Jejurikar is a dual fellowship-trained, board-certified plastic surgeon in the Chicago area. Born and raised in the Midwest, Dr. Jejurikar was admitted to the prestigious Integrated Premedical-Medical Program at the University of Michigan directly from high school. He was 1 of only 9 out-of-state students to receive this honor. He received his medical degree from the University of Michigan Medical School, one of the top medical schools in the country. While at Michigan, Dr, Jejurikar became fascinated by the clinical diversity, surgical creativity, and technical challenges that the specialty of plastic surgery offered. It was then that he decided to make it his chosen career path.
Dr. Jejurikar was selected to the 6-year plastic surgery residency program at the University of Chicago Hospitals, one of the top 10 medical centers in the United States. During his residency, he received outstanding training in all facets of cosmetic and reconstructive surgery. Dr. Jejurikar constantly strived to obtain the most advanced plastic surgery training possible. To that end, he is one of a select group of plastic surgeons nationwide to complete two additional years of clinical fellowship training after residency.
Clinical Associate of Surgery
University of Chicago Hospitals
Publications and Presentations
1. Local: "Reduction Mammaplasty - Surgical Options and Outcome Analysis." University of Chicago. Section of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. Core Curriculum in Plastic Surgery. October 1995.
2. Local: "Diagnosis and Management of Pediatric Craniofacial Syndromes." University of Chicago. Section of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. Core Curriculum in Plastic Surgery. January 1996.
3. Local: "Surgical Management of Cleft Palate." University of Chicago. Craniofacial Team Grand Rounds. April 1996.
4. Regional: "The Single Pedicle Gluteal Muscle - Posterior Thigh Composite Flap for Management of the Persistent Perineal Wound." Midwest Associations of Plastic Surgeons. 36th Annual Meeting. Milwaukee, Wisconsin. June 1996.
5. Local: "Surgical Anatomy of the Nose." University of Chicago. Section of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. Plastic Surgery Anatomy Course. August 1996.
6. National: "The Single Pedicle Gluteal Muscle - Posterior Thigh Composite Flap for Management of the Persistent Perineal Wound in Inflammatory Bowel Disease." Plastic Surgery Senior Residents' Conference. 36th Annual Meeting. Sacramento, California. April 1997.
7. Local: "The Single Pedicle Gluteal Muscle - Posterior Thigh Composite Flap for Management of the Persistent Perineal Wound." Chicago Society of Plastic Surgery. Chicago, Illinois. May 1997. (Awarded Second Place- Annual Residents' Night Competition).
8. National: "The Efficacy of Digital Sympathectomy with Adventitial Stripping in Scleroderma Patients who are 'Non - Responders' to Cold Stress Testing." American Association for Hand Surgery. 28th Annual Meeting. Scottdale, Arizona. January 1998. (Awarded First Place - Resident Essay Paper Contest).
9. Local: "Initial Management of the Critically Ill Burn Patient." University of Chicago. Department of Surgery Grand Rounds. February 1998.
10. Local: "Hand Transplantation - The Next Frontier." University of Michigan. Department of Plastic Surgery Grand Rounds. November 1998.
1. Gottlieb L and Jejurikar S: The Persistent Perineal Wound. Michelassi F, Milsom JW (eds): Operative Strategies in Inflammatory Bowel Disease. New York, Springer - Verlag, 1999.
2. Gottlieb L, Jejurikar S, and Levine L: Penile Reconstruction. Evans G and Schusterman MA (eds): Operative Plastic Surgery. Stamford, Connecticut, Appleton and Lange, 1999.
3. Kleinert H, Jejurikar S, and Miller J: Hand Surgery. Townsend CM (ed): Sabiston Textbook of Surgery - The Biological Basis of Modern Surgical Practice. Philadelphia, W.B. Saunders, 2001.
4. Sunil T, Kleinert H, Miller J, and Jejurikar S: Hand Surgery. Townsend CM (ed): Sabiston Textbook of Surgery - The Biological Basis of Modern Surgical Practice. 17th Edition. Philadelphia, Elsevier Saunders, 2004.
Awards & Honors
Resident Paper Contest
American Association of Hand Surgery
28th Annual Meeting
Chicago Society of Plastic Surgery
National Honor Society Scholar
United States Senate Youth Scholar
Affiliations & Memberships
Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital - Downers Grove, IL
Hinsdale Hospital - Hinsdale, IL
Elmhurst Hospital - Elmhurst, IL
Saint Alexius Medical Center - Hoffman Estates, IL
Northwest Community Hospital - Arlington Heights, IL
Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital - Barrington, IL
Midwest Center for Day Surgery - Downers Grove, IL
American Society of Plastic Surgeons
American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
American College of Surgeons
Chicago Society of Plastic Surgeons