Ricardo Izquierdo MD
About the Practice
Dr. Izquierdo has been a part of the community for over 22 years. He is fully trained in all aspects of plastic surgery and board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. He takes pride not only in his work but also in his collegial, approachable manner.
A full range of non-surgical Aesthetic Medicine treatments are available from our outstanding Nurse Injectors and Medical Aestheticians. Botox for smoothening frown lines and more, Juvederm and Radiesse wrinkle filllers for naso-labial folds. Intense Pulsed Light treatments for skin blotchiness, Laser Hair Removal, Advanced Facial Peels and more are all available from our team of of highly trained professionals
Facelift (short scar), Blepharoplasty, Rhinoplasty, Otoplasty, Neck Lift, Brow lift (mini scar), Breast augmentation, Breast Lift, Breast Reduction, Liposuction (VASER), Abdominoplasty, Post Weight Loss Body Contouring, Labiaplasty, Skin Cancer
Background & Certification
American Board of Plastic Surgery
Northwestern University, Bachelor of Arts
Loyola University Stritch School of Medicine, Doctor of Medicine
Publications and Presentations
PUBLICATIONS (Peer Reviewed)
1. Izquierdo R, Sandberg L, Squillaci G, Hoppensteadt D, Walenga J, Fareed J,Prinz R. Effects of protease inhibitors on coagulation abnormalities in acute canine pancreatitis. American Surgeon, Vol. 50:317-323, 1984
2. Izquierdo R, Sandberg L, Nora M, Squillaci G, Hoppensteadt D, Walenga J, Fareed J, Prinz R. Comparative study of protease inhibitors on coagulation abnormalities in canine pancreatitis. The Journal of Surgical Research, Vol. 6:606-613, 1984.
3. Izquierdo R, Bermes D, Sandberg L, Saxe A, Oslapas R, Prinz R. Serum calcium metabolism in acute experimental pancreatitis. Surgery, Vol. 98:1031-1037, 1985. (Used in "Selected Readings in General Surgery" 1987-88.)
4. Dado DV, Izquierdo, R. Absorption of onlay bone grafts in immature rabbits: Membranous versus enchondral bone and bone struts versus paste. Annals of Plastic Surgery, Vol. 23:39-48, 1989.
5. Izquierdo R, Parry SW, Boydell CL, Almand J. The great auricular nerve revisited: pertinent anatomy for SMAS-platysma rhytidectomy. Annals of Plastic Surgery, Vol. 27:44-48, 1991.
6. Izquierdo R, Swartz WM, Sutker KB, Boydell CL, Almand J. Attenuation of reperfusion-induced lipoperoxidation by systemic use of oxygen radical scavengers after pedicle occlusion. Annals of Plastic Surgery, Vol. 28:175-179, 1992.
7. Origitano TC, Miller CJ, Izquierdo R, Hubbard T, Morris R. Complex cranial base trauma resulting from recreational fireworks injury. Neurosurgery, Vol. 30:570-576, 1992.
8. Origitano TC, Al-Mefty O, Leonetti JP, Izquierdo R. En bloc resection of an ethmoid carcinoma involving the orbit and medial wall of the cavernous sinus. Neurosurgery, Vol. 31: 1126-1130, 1992.
9. Hubbard T, Dado DV, Izquierdo R. Massive craniofacial injuries from recreational fireworks: a report of three cases. Journal of Trauma, Vol. 33:767-772, 1992.
10. Izquierdo R, Origitano TC, Al-Mefty O, Leonetti JP, Anderson DE, Reichman OH. Use of vascularized fat from the rectus abdominis myocutaneous free flap territory to seal the dura of basicranial tumor defects. Neurosurgery, Vol. 32:192-197, 1993.
11. Izquierdo R, Parry SW, Boydell CL, Almand J. The great auricular nerve revisited: pertinent anatomy for SMAS-platysma rhytidectomy. Yearbook of Plastic, Reconstructive, and Aesthetic Surgery, P. McKinney, ed., Chicago: Mosby-Year Book, pp. 228-229, 1993.
12. Izquierdo R, Leonetti JP, Origitano TC, Al-Mefty O, Anderson DE, Reichman OH. Refinements using free tissue transfer for complex cranial base reconstruction. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Vol. 92:567-574, 1993.
13. Swartz WM, Izquierdo R, Miller MJ. Implantable venous doppler monitoring of free tissue transfers: laboratory investigation and clinical results. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Vol. 93:152-163, 1994.
14. Horowitz SW, Leonetti JP, Azar-Kia B, Fine M, Izquierdo R. CT and MR of temporal bone malignancies primary and secondary to parotid carcinoma. American Journal of Neuroradiology, Vol. 15:755-762, 1994.
15. Pinzur MS, Angelats J, Light TR, Izquierdo R, Pluth T. Functional outcome following traumatic upper limb amputation and prosthetic limb fitting. Journal of Hand Surgery, 19A:836-839, 1994.
16. Fu K, Izquierdo R, Walenga JM, Fareed J. Comarative study on the use of anticoagulants heparin and recombinant hiruden in a rabbit traumatic anastomosis model. Thrombosis Research, Vol. 78:421-428, 1995.
17. Fu K, Izquierdo R, Fareed J, Hubbard T. A modified crush-avulsion anastomosis model on the rat femoral vein. Microsurgery, Asian Vol. 16:536-541, 1995.
18. Venta LA, Salomon CG, Flisak ME, Venta ER, Izquierdo R, Angelats J. Sonographic signs of breast implant rupture. American Journal of Roentgenology, Vol. 166:1413-9, 1996.
19. Leonetti JP, Smith PG, Kletzker GR, Izquierdo R. Invasion patterns of advanced temporal bone malignancies. American Journal of Otology, Vol. 17:438-442, 1996.
20. Fu K, Izquierdo R, Vandevender D, Warpeha RL, Wolf H, Fareed J. Topical application of Low Molecular Weight Heparin in a rabbit traumatic anastomosis model. Thrombosis Research, Vol. 86:355-361, 1997.
1. Pinzur MS, Izquierdo R. Reconstruction of the heel pad in ankle disarticulation with a free muscle transfer. American Journal of Orthopedics, Vol. 26:491-493, 1997.
2. Fu K, Izquierdo R, Vandevender D, Warpeha RL, Fareed J. Transplantation of lymph node fragments in a rabbit ear lymphedema model: a new method for restoring the lymphatic pathway. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Vol. 101:134-141, 1998.
3. Izquierdo R, Dobrin P, Fu K, Park F, Galante G. The effect of twist on microvascular anastomotic patency and angiographic luminal dimensions. Journal of Surgical Research, Vol. 78:60-63, 1998.
4. Leonetti JP, Reichman OH, Izquierdo R, Bastian RW. The contemporary management of skull base neoplasms. Insights in Otolaryngology, Vol. 5:1-6, 1990.
5. Izquierdo R, Leonetti JP, Reichman OH, Anderson DE. Use of customized free tissue transfers for reconstruction of complex skull base defects. Skull Base Surgery, Abstract Edition, 1991.
Techniques in Skull Base Reconstruction, in Techniques in Skull Base Surgery, Ossama Al-Mefty Ed., Churchill Livingstone, London, 1997.
Awards & Honors
Member Alpha Epsilon Delta 1975-77, National Pre-Medical Honor Society, Northwestern University
Outstanding Resident for 1984-85,Loyola University of Chicago Stritch School of Medicine
John L. Keeley, M.D. Traveling Fellowship Award 1987-88, Department of Surgery, Loyola University Medical Center
First Prize, Resident Competition, Chicago Society of Plastic Surgery, May 26, 1988
Plastic Surgery Educational Foundation Senior Clinical Research Award 1992
Affiliations & Memberships
Hinsdale Hospital, Hinsdale, IL
Edward Hospital, Naperville, IL
American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
American Society of Plastic Surgeons
Midwestern Association of Plastic Surgeons
American College of Surgeons
Illinois Society of Plastic Surgeons
American Medical Association
$100 fee. This is deducted from your surgical fee if the patient books.
Staff & Facilities
Hinsdale Surgical Center
Oak Brook Surgical Centre
Skin Care Products
Vivité®, Revision®, ColoreScience
Check, VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, BC/BS