Paul J. LoVerme MD, FACS
About the Practice
Dr. Paul LoVerme, a board-certified plastic surgeon in New Jersey, is dedicated to combining art and science to create beautiful, natural-looking cosmetic enhancement results. He believes in open and honest communication with his patients, and wants each patient to have a thorough understanding of what they can expect from plastic surgery and the overall treatment process. Our practice is committed to helping our patients make the best possible decisions so they can achieve their cosmetic goals. Dr. LoVerme and his entire plastic surgery team strive to provide state-of-the-art procedures and compassionate care in a personal, warm, and private setting.
Paul LoVerme, MD, FACS offers advanced plastic and cosmetic surgery options to enhance the face, breasts, and body. Additionally, he offers professional skin care treatment at his onsite medical spa. Dr. LoVerme is experienced with a full range of plastic surgery procedures, including breast augmentation, breast lift, breast reconstruction, breast reduction, male breast reduction (gynecomastia), tummy tuck (abdominoplasty), liposuction, facelift, nose surgery (rhinoplasty), fat injections, and many others. He also provides a multitude of minimally-invasive cosmetic enhancement treatments, such as BOTOX® Cosmetic, Sculptra® Aesthetic, Juvéderm®, JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™, Radiesse®, and laser skin resurfacing. Dr. LoVerme's combination of science, artistry, experience, and skill can help create the youthful, rejuvenated look many patients desire.
Background & Certification
Dr. LoVerme is triple board-certified. He holds certifications from the American Board of Plastic Surgery, the American Board of Surgery, and the National Board of Medical Examiners.
Dr. Paul LoVerme attended Boston University, where he graduated cum laude with his Bachelor’s of Arts degree. He went on to earn his medical degree at New Jersey Medical School. After his general surgery residency training at Martland Hospital/New Jersey Medical School, Dr. LoVerme completed his plastic surgery residency at St. Vincent’s Hospital/University of Toledo Medical School. He continues to receive additional training and education to stay abreast of the latest advanced plastic surgery techniques and technologies.
Dr. LoVerme is a Clinical Associate Professor of Plastic Surgery at New Jersey Medical School.
Publications and Presentations
- LoVerme, S.R., Bershadsky, M., Loverme, P.J.: "Ease and Efficacy of Burn Management with Povidone - Iodine Ointment." Recent Antiseptic Techniques In the Management of Burn Wound, The Proceedings of a Symposium, Georgiade, N.D., Editor, Purdue Fredricks and Company, 1974.
- Machiedo, G.W., LoVerme, P.J., Blackwood, J.M.: "Patterns of Mortality in a Surgical Intensive Care Unit." Surgery, Gynecology and Obstetrics, 152:757, June 1981.
- Loverme, P.J., Machiedo, G.W., Warden, M.J., Rush, B.F., Jr.: "Hemodynamic Effects of Prolonged Infusion of PGE 1 After Hemorrhagic Shock." Circulatory Shock, 8:213, 1981.
- Spillert, R., Hollingshead, M.D., LoVerme, P.J., Lazaro, E.J.: “Paradoxical Effects of Burns in Diabetic Mice.” Circulatory Shock, 8:196, 1981.
- LoVerme, P.J., Spillert, C.R., Kerr, J.C., Lazaro, E.J.: “Adverse Effects of Ethanol on Murine Frostbite.” Circulatory Shock, 9:198, 1982.
- LoVerme, P.J., Rush, B.F., Jr., Legaspi, A., Swaminathan, A.P.: “Combined Therapy in Advanced Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the Head and Neck.” American Surgeon, 48:197 – 201, May 1982.
- Machiedo, G.W., Warden, M.J., LoVerme, P.J., Rush, B.F., Jr.: “Hemodynamic Effects of Prolonged Infusion of Prostaglandin E1 (PGE1) After Hemorrhagic Shock.” Journal of Surgical Research, 32:484 – 488, 1982.
- Barillo, D.J., Spillert, C.R., LoVerme, P.J., Lazaro, E.J.: “Detrimental Effects of Ethanol on Murine Frostbite.” American Surgeon, 50:649, 1984.
- LoVerme, P.J., Kelleher, J.C., “Saline Float, Positioning of the Polyurethane Covered Breast Prosthesis.” Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, 77:845, May 1986.
- LoVerme, P.J., Saccone, P.G.: “Limited Portal with Direct-Vision Carpal Tunnel Release.” Annals of Plastic Surgery, 34:304 – 308, 1995.
- LoVerme, P.J., Pazienza, L.E.: “Dermabrasion, Chemical Peel and Camouflage.” Dermascope, 72 – 76, September/October 1996.
Awards & Honors
- Dean’s List, Boston University, 1970 -1973
- Clinical Fellow, American Cancer Society, 1981-1982
- Physicians Recognition Award, American Medical Association 1988 -2002
- Who’s Who in Medicine & Healthcare, 1988-Present
- New York Magazine Top Doctors in New York Metro Area
- NJ Monthly Magazine Top Doctors in New Jersey
- Castle Connolly Guide of Best Doctors in America
- Official Spokesperson, American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Past President, New Jersey Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Honorable Mention, New Jersey Governor’s Volunteer Award
- Certificate of Advanced Education in Aesthetic Surgery
Affiliations & Memberships
Dr. Paul LoVerme is affiliated with Mountainside Hospital/Atlantic Health Systems, St. Barnabas Medical Center, Clara Maass Medical Center, and the New Jersey Medical School University Hospital.
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- American College of Surgeons
- New Jersey Society of Plastic Surgeons
- New York Regional Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- New Jersey Medical Society
- Society of Surgeons of New Jersey
NJ Society of Plastic Surgeons
Executive Council/Past President
American Society of Plastic Surgeons
Public Education Committee - 1996 -1999
Socioeconomic Committee - 1993 -1996
Young Plastic Surgeons Committee - 1992 -1995
Dr. LoVerme understands the decision to have plastic surgery is an important one, and that it can be a special time in a person’s life. He works hard to thoroughly guide patients through this process in a comprehensive one-on-one consultation to ensure each patient fully understands his/her options, as well as what he or she can expect from the procedures. Dr. LoVerme is committed to creating the best possible results and a high level of patient satisfaction. Our practice believes utilizing the latest advanced technology, such as computer imaging software, can enhance the patient experience and lead to optimal results. During the consultation, Dr. LoVerme often uses his state-of-the-art Vectra 3D® computer imaging system to help patients view previews of potential results from certain procedures. This innovative software allows patients to get a more complete understanding of how specific treatments may be able to help them reach their goals. Computer imaging also enhances the patient-doctor relationship, as we can make sure that we are both striving for the same results.
Staff & Facilities
Our 4,200 square-foot facility is accredited by the American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities, Inc. (AAAASF), which ensures it meets the highest standards of both safety and hospital operating requirements. Our office includes a large reception area, a private state-of-the-art surgical suite, and a comfortable recovery room. Our facility is staffed by professional, knowledgeable staff and Registered Nurses who are certified in Advanced Cardiac Life Support. Our entire team is committed to providing warm, friendly, safe, and exceptional service and care. Our office is conveniently located near New York City, Morris and Somerset Counties, and Southern New Jersey.
For years, I relied on photographs and words to convey to patients what I planned. Now, however, the current computer and morphing technology allows me to provide a glimpse of your future. This is not to imply that the verbal portion of your consultation is unimportant. The rapport established therein is critical to a successful doctor-patient relationship.
Your consultation begins with a personally written computer presentation, which may be followed by Imaging. This educational presentation includes a full explanation of the procedure as well as photographic results of my patients.
Imaging is a very personal tool. It is a means to more easily depict a realistic expectation and give you a more complete understanding. This generates a sense of security in the decision-making process, and makes the entire experience more concrete, less abstract.
Imaging presents a visual description of the goals of surgery so that both you and I are striving for the same result. This session is particularly helpful and results in less pre-surgical anxiety and better communication between us. I am conservative and realistic in using this technology and do not portray enhancements that cannot be accomplished.
Skin Care Products
Biomedic, SkinCeuticals, Obagi, Pevonia®, Jane Iredale The Skin Care Makeup®, La Roche-Posay, Dermablend®
English and Spanish
MasterCard®, Visa®, American Express®, personal check, or cash