Michael C. Edwards MD, FACS
About the Practice
Dr. Michael C. Edwards has earned a reputation throughout Las Vegas Nevada for helping patients achieve their dreams. Voted as one of Las Vegas' Top Doctors Dr. Edwards is a talented board-certified plastic surgeon with a natural ability for obtaining balance and harmony. Dr. Edwards works only with a board-certified anesthesiologist and your procedure will be performed in a fully-certified surgical facility using only the finest equipment and today's safest and state-of-the-art plastic surgery procedures. So when you’ve made the decision to enhance your appearance, make sure you select a plastic surgeon who combines the ultimate balance of science and art to translate your hopes into the beautiful, natural-looking results you desire. And you’ll feel confident knowing that he offers you the advanced training and credentials you want in a plastic surgeon.
Dr. Edwards is devoted to improving the way you look, the way you perceive yourself and the way others see you.
Breast enhancement with or without breast lift — Dr. Edwards can create fuller, firmer breasts to complement your natural body curvature through breast augmentation. He can provide a youthful and more proportioned look using techniques for breast lift and reduction, including vertical mastopexy and the scar-minimizing peri-areolar method. Dr. Edwards also offers reduction mammoplasty to reduce the size of your breasts to give you a more comfortable look and feel.
Breast Revision — If you have had breast implant surgery already and would like to explore a change or improvement to improve upon changes that have occurred, Dr. Edwards can review with you the possibility of implant exchange, site change to below the muscle for better coverage or lifting your breasts to a higher position on your chest.
Tumescent liposuction — Dr. Edwards offers tumescent liposuction to safely sculpt body features by removing diet- and exercise-resistant fat in areas such as the abdomen, arms, hips and thighs.
Tummy tuck — By removing excess skin and fat from the lower abdomen and tightening the abdominal muscles, Dr. Edwards can provide a flatter, smoother look, restoring your youthful contour. In some cases, liposuction may be performed to enhance your results. This procedure may also help to alleviate the back pain that may be attributed to weakened or loose abdominal-wall tone
Skin reduction after weight loss — With excessive weight loss in a short period of time, the skin doesn't conform to your new figure. This leaves patients with excess, baggy skin. The areas that can be improved include the arms, breasts, abdomen and thighs. Through careful and methodical planning, the scars can be less conspicuous.
Botox® — This FDA-approved procedure can soften fixed expression lines such as crow's-feet, frown lines and forehead lines.
Facial Fillers – Using FDA-approved products such as Juvederm Ultra XC and Juvederm UltraPlus XC Dr. Edwards will help soften the lines of facial expression from your smile lines as well as adding a proportionate enhancement to your lips.
The personalized care and integrity you want.
When you meet Dr. Edwards, you’ll realize that his personal attention can make you feel as special as his expert hands can make you look. You’ll find that a consultation with him is more like a conversation between friends, not a lecture or a sales presentation. He will take the time to learn about your goals, answer your questions and give you realistic expectations. And should Dr. Edwards find that you are not a candidate — or not ready — for the procedure you want, he will let you know. That’s because he understands the value of honesty and integrity and has made this the cornerstone of his practice philosophy.
Patient Photo GallerySee all cases submitted by Michael C. Edwards MD, FACS
Background & Certification
American Board of Plastic Surgery
American Board of Surgery
Licensed: Nevada State Board of Medical Examiners, National Board of Medical Examiners
Residency: Plastic Surgery, Wilford Hall Medical Center, Lackland Air Force Base, TX; General Surgery, David Grant Medical Center, Travis Air Force Base, CA
Internship: General Surgery, David Grant Medical Center, Travis Air Force Base, CA
Medical Degree: F. Edward Hebert School of Medicine, Bethesda, MD
Affiliations & Memberships
Summerlin Medical Center
- American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS), Member since May, 2002
- American Society of Plastic Surgery (ASPS), Member since Oct, 1998
- American College of Surgeons (FACS), Fellow/Diplomat, 14 Oct, 1999
- International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS), Member since 2009
- American College of Surgeons, Nevada Chapter, Member since 1999
- Clark County Medical Society, Member since Sept 2003
- California Society Plastic Surgeons, Member since 2009
- Rocky Mountain Association of Plastic Surgeons, Past President, member since Mar, 2003
- Nevada State Medical Association, member since Sept 2003
- Las Vegas Plastic Surgery Society, Past President 2007-2008, Member since 2005
PROFESSIONAL SOCIETY BOARD APPOINTMENTS
- President Elect, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, (ASAPS) – April 2013 - present
- Vice President , American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, (ASAPS) – May 2012 – April 2013
- Secretary, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, (ASAPS), May 2011 – May 2012
- Member at Large, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, (ASAPS) Board of Directors; May 2009 – May 2011
- Director, The Aesthetic Surgery Education and Research Foundation (ASERF) May 2008 – present
- President-Elect, Clark County Medical Society – June 2013
COMMITTEE APPOINTMENTS/POSITIONS HELD
American Society for Plastic Surgery - ASAPS
- Chairman, Industry Relations Committee, - ASAPS May 2012 - present
- Member, Leadership Development Committee – ASAPS, May 2012 - present
- Chairman, Finance and Investment Committee - ASAPS, May 2009 – May 2012
- Chairman, Product Development and Market Research Committee, ASAPS; April 2010 – May 2011
- Publications Committee, member, ASAPS, April 2010 - present
- Member, Patient Safety Committee, ASAPS – Apr 2010 – May 2012
- Member, Industry Support Committee; ASAPS , April 2010 - present
- Member, Industry Policy Committee – ASAPS; April 2010 - present
- Member, Leadership Development Committee, – ASAPS; April 2010 - present
- Chairman, Aesthetic Society Fellowship Review Committee – ASAPS; May 2009 - present
- Co-Chairman, Medical Student Task Force (MEDSIPS) – ; ASAPS; Jan 2010 - present
- Member , New Member Committee – ASAPS; April 2010- present
- Vice-Chairman, Corporate Sponsorship Committee – ASAPS; May 2008 – Apr 2010
- Chairman, Scientific Exhibits Committee, – ASAPS; May 2005 – April 2010
- Chairman, Local Events Committee, – ASAPS; May 2009
- Ex Officio, Local Events Committee– ASAPS; May 2010
- Vice Chairman, Practice Relations Committee – ASAPS; May 2008 – May 2009
- Chairman, Candidate Liaison Committee – ASAPS; May 2005 – May 2008
- Ex Officio, New Member Committee – ASAPS: May 2005 – May 2008
American Society for Plastic Surgery - ASPS
- Chairman; Judicial Council – ASPS: appointed Oct, 2012 (1 year term) – current
- Judicial Council – ASPS: appointed Oct, 2010 (3 year term) – current
- Executive Committee, Council on State Legislative Affairs, ASPS, Nov 11 to present
- Leadership Development Committee: Oct 2010 - present
- Ethics Committee, Co-Chairman; - ASPS; Nov, 2008 – Nov 2009
- Ethics Committee - ASPS; appointed Sep, 2006 – Nov 2009
- Council on State Affairs in Plastic Surgery; Nevada State Representative, Aug, 2003 - present
Aesthetic Surgery Education and Research Foundation - ASERF
- By-Laws Committee, Chairman – ASERF; April 2009 – Apr 2013
- Director – 2008 - 2011
Las Vegas Plastic Surgery Society
- President - LVPSS; 2007-2008
Rocky Mountain Association of Plastic Surgeons
- President, RMAPS; Feb, 2007 – May, 2008
- Secretary/Treasurer, RMAPS; Mar, 2004 – Feb, 2007
Clark County Medical Society
- President-Elect June 2013 – June 2014
- Trustee, August 2012 – June 2013
- Secretary, MedPAC – Jan 2012 – present
Nevada State Medical Association
- Chairman, Delegate Committee, Dec 2012 – Apr 2013
It’s not often that you get the chance to meet with a highly trained and experienced board-certified plastic surgeon such as Dr. Michael C. Edwards. He is a well-known plastic surgeon who has crafted astonishingly beautiful results for thousands of patients, and he can do the same for you. This is your chance to learn about the natural-looking results you’ve always dreamed about. In your private unhurried consultation with Dr. Edwards, you will be able to explore in a comprehensive and unhurried fashion your areas of concern and what your treatment options are. Using the state of the art TouchMD system you will be able to revisit your consultation with images in the privacy of your own home. Dr. Edwards’ philosophy is that when you are through with your consultation, you should have a thorough understanding of your options.
"Ask a Question" Responses
I had a consult today and it was recommended that I have a breast lift then go back 2-3 months later for augmentation. I wear a 34B bra and was told...
I agree with Dr. Baxter that there are different approaches to the breast that needs a lift and an implant. My approach is to perform these...
I have been hearing a lot about subfascial placement of breast implants and the advantages over other placements. However, many doctors that I have...
The fascia is a very thin tissue that is between your chest muscle and breast tissue. It is thinner near the base of your breasts and gets minimally...