M. Reza Farahvash MD
About the Practice
Dr. Farahvash's prime goal is to do cosmetic surgery with high standard quality, a natural appearance and superior health care through the latest plastic surgery techniques and procedures being performed today. Most of his patients respect him because of natural looking results. Your satisfaction is Dr Farahvash’s primary concern.
Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
Cosmetic Eyelid Surgery (Blepharoplasty)
Laser Skin Resurfacing
Breast Reduction (Reduction Mammaplasty)
Breast Augmentation (Augmentation Mammaplasty)
Breast Lift (Mastopexy)
Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty)
Removal of Nevus and Skin Cancers
Laser Hair Removal
Background & Certification
Diplomate,Board of General Surgery from 1986
Diplomate,Board of Plastic Surgery from 1989
Fellow of Aesthetic surgery from the Boston Center for Ambulatory Surgery, Boston ,MA,USA
Fellow (volunteer)of Plastic and Aesthetic Surgery from Harvard University's renowned Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
Visiting fellow, Children's Hospital and Beth Israeli Deaconess Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
Dr. Farahvash has been graduated with highest honors (ranked #1 in his class) from Medical School. He has been board certified in Plastic and Reconstructive surgery since 1989, and general surgery since 1986. Dr. Farahvash had the opportunity to attend Massachusetts General Hospital, Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital, and Children's Hospital of renowned Harvard Medical School in Boston. While in Harvard, Dr. Farahvash benefited from the expertise of Drs. James May, John Mullekin, Gregory Gallico, Michael Yaremchuk, Robert Goldwyn and Sumner Slavin. Then, he attended Boston Center for Ambulatory Aesthetic Surgery where one of the well-known plastic surgeons of the Massachusetts namely Dr. Thomas Cochran currently practices. Dr. Farahvash has served as the chief of plastic surgery at Razi Hospital of Tehran University for eight years. Over the past twenty five years, Dr. Farahvash has operated many cosmetic surgeries including a large number of Rhinoplasty (cosmetic nose surgery) with very nice and beautiful natural looking results. He has numerous publications and presentations about Persian Rhinoplasty and aesthetic measurements of Iranian beautiful women .
Dr. Farahvash has presented his works at national and international meetings. Dr. Farahvash has a strong experience in plastic and cosmetic surgery of face and body. He has a special interest and passion in cosmetic surgery of the face and body including Rhinoplasty, face rejuvenation, body contouring and breast augmentation, breast reduction and Tummy Tuck. Dr. Farahvash is also Associate Professor of plastic surgery at the Medical School of Tehran University where he is actively involved in the training of plastic surgery residents. He has a special interest in cosmetic surgery research. He is now a member of Iranian Board of Plastic Surgery. He is also member of Iranian medical council and Iranian forensic medicine malpractice claims.
Publications and Presentations
1. Farahvash, M.J., Farahvash, M.R et al: Eosinophilic Gastroenteritis presenting with biliary and partial duodenal obstruction. American J.Gastroenterology August 1990, Vol, 85, No.8
2. Farahvash, M.R. et al. Tissue Expansion, A new modality for treatment of port- wine stains of the face. Tehran University Medical Journal. 1994
3. Farahvash M.R. Use of Tissue Expander in the treatment of burn deformities. Study of cases at the Tehran University Hospitals from 1989 to 1995. Tehran University Medical Journal, 1995
4. Farahvash M.R. Personal Experience with argon laser therapy for port-wine stains in the Rhaziz (Razi) Hospital from 1989 to 1993. Tehran University Medical Journal, 1997
5. Farahvash, M.R. A six years study of repair of cleft palate at the Tehran University Hospitals. Tehran University Medical Journal, 1997
6. Farahvash, M.R et al. Argon Laser for the treatment of port wine stains of the face. A study in Rhaziz Hospital from 1989 to 1993, Journal of Medical council of Islamic Republic of Iran, spring 1997, Vol, 15, No,1 - P: 51 – 57
7. Farahvash, M.R, A six years study of comparison of surgical methods of cleft lip repair in Tehran University Medical School. Iranian journal of plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, 1999
8. Farahvash, M.R, Congenital Double lip: An experience with 5 cases and a proposed new method for surgical correction. Acta Medica Iranica, 2001, vol 39, No.4 -P: 199 – 204
9. Farahvash, M Reza, Arad Simin, Clostridium botulinum type A toxin for the treatment of upper face animation lines: an Iranian experience .Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology, 2007, vol 6, No 3, p: 152-158
10-Farahvash M Reza, Farahvash AA, Demographic parameters in patients undergoing head and neck soft tissue tumor surgery in Imam hospital ‘s plastic surgery ward and cancer institute between 1372 to 1383,Ebnesina,journal of aerospace and sub aquatic medicine, summer 2007,vol 10 no2,P:33-38
11-Farahvash M Reza , Khak J, JafariM, Farahvash Y ,Farahvash B, Facial aesthetic analysis in beautiful Persian females aged 13 to 30 years via photogrammetry, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery :June 2010 - Volume 125 - Issue 6 - pp 245e-247e
12-Mohammad Reza Farahvash, Shahryar Hadadi Abianeh, Benyamin Farahvash, Yashar Farahvash, Aliasghar Yagoobi,
and Bashir Nazparvar*Anatomic Variations of Midfacial Muscles and Nasolabial Crease
A Survey on 52 Hemifacial Dissections in Fresh Persian Cadavers,Aesthetic Surgery Journal January 2010_30_: 17-21
13-Farahvash Mohammad Reza, Yegane Rooh-Allah, Bashashati Mohammad, Ahmadi Mina, Tabrizi Nasim, Surgical approach to hydrocarbon injection in upper extremities: Case series. International Journal of Surgery, 2009Vol 7, P: 382-386
14- FARAHVASH M Reza ,REZAEI E.A. ,FATHI MAHDI - EPIDEMIOLOGIC EVALUATION AND MANAGEMENT OF PATIENTS WITH ORBITAL FRACTURES ADMITTED TO PLASTIC AND RECONSTRUCTIVE SURGERY WARD IN IMAM KHOMEINI HOSPITAL, TEHRAN, IRAN
THE IRANIAN JOURNAL OF OTORHINOLARYNGOLOGYWINTER 2009;20(4 (54)):201-208.
15-A survey on orbital fractures in an educational center ,Farahvash M R. Yegane R A. Farahvash B. Sheidaeian M. Masoomi M ,; Vol. 67, No. 3, Jun 2009: 202-208
16-Maxillary fractures: a review of 56 cases in a university affiliated hospital Farahvash MR, Yegane RA Farahvash Y, Khodaei M , Tehran University Medical Journal ,Volume 67, Number 4, July 2009
17. As co- author: Report of 51 cases of TB peritonitis from Iran. First International Conferences on Peritoneum and peritoneal Access. University of Lund, Sweden, 1985
18. The Role of Cutaneous and myo-cutaneous flaps in the treatment of soft tissue defects of War injuries. Presented at the13rdIranian Conference on war Traumas. Tehran, Iran, 1987
19. Tissue Expansion: A new modality for the treatment of port-wine stain of the face. 33rd world Congress of surgery. Toronto, Canada, June 10-16, 1989
20. Omental free vascularized flap for correction of Romberg disease, presented at Ibn- Sina surgical congress, Tehran, Iran 1990
21. Experience with treatment of hypertelorism with extra and intracranial approaches. Presented at the Second Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Congress, of Tehran University, 1992
22. Para scapular flap in the treatment of axillary contractures presented at ˝Updating on burn seminar̉ Imam General Hospital Tehran University Medical School, 1992, Tehran, Iran.
23. The role of tissue expander in the treatment of burn alopecia, presented at the dermatologic disease congress, Tehran University Medical School, 1992, Tehran, Iran.
24. Aesthetic and Functional aspects of nasal reconstruction. Presented at the 3rd International Symposium on Cranio- Maxillo-Facial Surgery. Tehran, Iran.
25. Plastic Surgery View Points in the treatment of skin cancers, presented at the Dermatologic Disease congress, Tehran University Medical School, 1992, Tehran, Iran.
26. Personal Experience with 300 Cases of port - wine stains treated with argon laser, 1995 Presented at plastic Surgery Congress, 1995 Tehran, Iran.
27. Analysis of 92 cases with orbital fracture, presented at annual meeting of Iranian society of plastic surgeons, 1998, Tehran, Iran.
28. Peripheral Nerve Repair, presented at Annual Congress of Iranian society of surgeons, 1996, Tehran, Iran.
29. A 10 years experience of laser therapy in Tehran University Medical School, presented at annual meeting of Iranian society of surgeons, 1999, Tehran, Iran.
30. A 10 years Experience of Cleft Palate Repair in Tehran University Medical School, Presented at annual meeting of Iranian society of surgeons, 1999, Tehran, Iran.
31. Semi-open Rhinoplasty, A new Method presented at annual meeting of Iranian society of plastic and aesthetic surgeons, May 2003
32- Facelift with laser resurfacing, my personal experience presented at annual meeting of Iranian society of plastic and aesthetic surgeons, May 2003
33. Functional Aesthetic Rhinoplasty presented at annual meeting of Iranian Society of Plastic and Aesthetic Surgeons, 8th-12th, May 2004
34-Rhinoplasty panel, 28th annual congress of Iranian society of plastic surgeons, 8th-12th May, 2004, Tehran, Iran
35-Open vs. Closed Rhinoplasty, presented at advanced functional Rhinoplasty symposium, 9th-11th March 2005, Milad Hospital, Tehran, Iran
36-Semi-open Rhinoplasty, A new technique for Rhinoplasty, presented as poster at Arabia Plast , The ninth congress of the pan Arab Association of Burns& plastic surgery ,10-13 April 2006 ,Kingdom of Bahrain
37-Clostridium botulinum toxin type A toxin for the treatment of upper face animation lines: An Iranian experience, presented at Arabia Plast , the ninth congress of pan Arab Association of burns & plastic surgery, 10th-13th April 2006, kingdom of Bahrain
38-Lower face and neck lift, presented at Iranian meeting of ENT surgeons, 2006, Tehran, Iran
39-The importance of nasal anatomy and physiology in Rhinoplasty, Presented at 30th congress of Iranian society of plastic surgeons, 6th-10th May, 2006, Tehran, Iran
40-Rhinoplasty panel, member, 30th congress of Iranian society of plastic surgeons, 6th-10th May, 2006, Tehran, Iran
41-Breast Augmentation- My favorite approach, presented at the 31st congress of Iranian society of plastic, reconstructive and esthetic surgeons, May 6, 2007, Razi convention center, Tehran, Iran
42-LEPNO method in Rhinoplasty- a 20 years experience, presented at the 31st congress of Iranian society of plastic, reconstructive and esthetic surgeons, May 7, 2007, Razi convention center, Tehran, Iran
43-As a panel moderator “prevention of fat emboli and thromboemboli following Abdominoplasty, Liposuction and other Aesthetic procedures” May 8, 2007, Razi convention center, Tehran, Iran
44-New approaches in delayed breast reconstruction, presented at 31st congress of Iranian society of plastic, reconstructive and aesthetic surgeons. May 8, 2007, Razi convention center, Tehran, Iran
45-American society of plastic and reconstructive surgeons, San Francisco, USA, 1997
46-American association of plastic surgeons, Boston, USA, April 2008
47-American society of aesthetic plastic surgeons, San Diego, USA, May 2008
48-Alloplastic materials in the reconstruction of orbital of orbit ,18th Ophthalmology congress of Iran,25-27 Nov,2008,Razi convention center, Tehran ,Iran
49- Endonasal Rhinoplasty in Iran ,25 years of experience, presented at panel session of international Eurasian aesthetic meeting ,Istanbul ,Turkey,2010
50-Persian Rhinoplasty ,lessons learned, presented at international society of aesthetic plastic surgery, annual meeting, San Francisco, USA, August 2010
Affiliations & Memberships
Member of American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
Member (Corresponding) of American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS)
Member of International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS)
Member, International Confederation of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic surgery
National secretary of International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (ISAPS)
Former member, International College of Surgeons
Former member, International Society of Surgeons
A number of other Organizations
Staff & Facilities
1-Pars Hospital,Keshavarz Blvd,Tehran Iran
Mehr Hospital,Zartosht Street,Tehran, Iran
Novindideghan Ambulatory Surgical Center
English, Persian (Farsi) , Azerbaijani