Louis P. Bucky MD, PC
About the Practice
Over the years, Dr. Louis P. Bucky’s practice philosophy has evolved into three central components: understanding what the patient wants, delivering the best possible results, and providing an unprecedented level of care and attention before, during, and after treatment. When patients come into our office seeking cosmetic enhancement, Dr. Bucky strives to establish a strong doctor-patient relationship centered around trust from day one. He is sensitive to what each individual's unique needs and goals are, and he takes the time to truly comprehend the type of outcomes they are envisioning before recommending an appropriate treatment plan.
Aided by our staff of experienced aestheticians, nurse injectors, and Sculpt360 team, Dr. Bucky is able to employ a global approach to plastic surgery that helps optimize results while ensuring patients are as comfortable as possible from consultation through recovery. Designed to heighten the treatment experience, this comprehensive system often includes careful pre-surgical planning, individualized vitamin supplementation and skin care regimens, lymphatic massage, overnight nursing care, and more - all of which combines to significantly improve the quality and longevity of our patients’ outcomes.
Louis P. Bucky, MD, FACS specializes in cosmetic surgery of the face, breasts, and body. At our practice, he offers an inclusive span of aesthetic procedures ranging from breast augmentation and mastopexy to facelift surgery, abdominoplasty, and the mommy makeover. As a leader and innovator within the field, he also provides natural breast enhancement procedures during which the revolutionary BRAVA® system is utilized to expand breast tissues in preparation for large-volume fat transfer. Furthermore, Dr. Bucky and our team offer a comprehensive array of non-surgical skin care treatments, including cosmetic injectables, laser skin resurfacing, chemical peels, and Sculpt360 - our proprietary process for optimizing the results of CoolSculpting®.
Background & Certification
- American Board of Surgery: 1993
- American Board of Plastic Surgery: 1997, 2006
- Undergraduate Degree, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI - B.S. Degree (1978-1982)
- Medical Degree, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA - M.D. Degree (1982-1986)
- Surgical Internship, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA - (1986-1987)
- Surgical Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA - (1987-1989)
- Surgical Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA - (1990-1992)
- Plastic Surgery Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA - (1992-1994)
- Harvard University Research Fellowship / The Robert F .Linton Surgical Fellow, Massachusetts General Hospital, Department of Surgery, Boston, MA - (1989-1990)
- Microsurgery/Breast Reconstruction Fellowship, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY - (1994-1995)
- Craniofacial Fellowship, University of Miami, Miami Children's Hospital, Miami, FL - (1995)
Publications and Presentations
In response to his in-depth research concerning facial aging, Dr. Bucky has developed techniques to enhance a patient’s natural aesthetic following a cosmetic procedure. He was recently filmed performing a live surgical procedure by the National Cosmetic Network to help educate fellow surgeons on these techniques. In addition to his role as educator, Dr. Bucky has co-authored over 100 publications in prestigious industry journals, and received a number of honors for his research in melanoma, breast reconstruction and fat transplantation. His research has been featured on a number of platforms, including Good Morning America, CNN, Fox News, CBS News, MAMM Magazine, and many more.
Awards & Honors
Among numerous honors and awards received for his exceptional level of care and expertise, Dr. Bucky has been consecutively named a “Top Doc” in Philadelphia Magazine and one of Castle Connolly’s “America’s Top Doctors” since 1999.
Affiliations & Memberships
- Attending Surgeon, Division of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA - (1995-present)
- Associate Surgeon, Division of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, Department of Surgery, Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA - (1995-present)
- Member, Comprehensive Cancer Center, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA - (1995-present)
- Member, Pigmented Lesion Group, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA - (1995-present)
- Chief of Plastic Surgery, Division of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, Presbyterian Medical Center, Philadelphia, PA - (1996-2001)
- Co-director Microsurgery Research Laboratory, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA - (1996-2002)
- Chief, Section of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Pennsylvania Hospital of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA - (2007-present)
- American College of Surgeons (Fellow)
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- Northeastern Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American Association of Plastic Surgeons
- Northeastern Society of Plastic Surgeons: Past President
- Perspectives and Advancements of Plastic Surgery Symposium: Past Chairman
- Allergan Breast Aesthetics Executive Council: Chairman
The consultation is a time for you to get to know Dr. Bucky, and for him to get to know you. During your appointment, he will listen carefully to your aesthetic concerns and expectations until he has a clear understanding of what you wish to achieve. Once he has a precise idea of the outcomes you desire, he will perform a thorough evaluation and provide detailed explanations of all possible treatment options, ensuring you are fully informed about your choices. He will then recommend the procedure(s) he believes can most effectively help you attain your goals with beautiful, natural-looking results.
In most cases, before and after pictures of previous patients who underwent your prospective procedure will be viewed to give you an idea of what can be achieved. If you are considering breast enlargement, our VECTRA® XT imaging system can also be utilized to provide a three dimensional projection of what your potential results may look like with various types of breast implants.
Throughout the entire consultation process, Dr. Bucky will be happy to answer your questions and address any concerns you may have. He will not pressure you to make any decisions on the spot, and he will do everything in his power to ensure you are both relaxed and comfortable during your visit.
Staff & Facilities
Pennsylvania Hospital and the University of Pennsylvania’s Tuttleman Surgery Center
VECTRA® XT Imaging
Skin Care Products
In addition to a full range of cosmetic injectables, laser treatments, peels, micro-needling, and more, Dr. Bucky offers a wide range of skin care products designed to cleanse, exfoliate, moisturize, and stimulate the anti-aging qualities of your skin. Included among our available skin care lines are Revision® Skincare, TEOXANE®, and NEOCUTIS, all of which are preservative-, fragrance-, and paraben-free. When used in combination with a plastic surgical procedure, these professional skin care products can not only help nourish the skin for a healthy appearance, they can also aid in the healing process.
Most cosmetic surgery procedures are not covered by insurance. For this reason, Dr. Bucky offers several payment and financing options through ALPHAEON™ CREDIT and CareCredit® to help make your procedure more affordable. Additionally, we accept cash, checks, and most major credit cards (MasterCard®, Visa®, and American Express®) if you do not wish to pay through third-party financing services. Prior to your treatment, our friendly and knowledgeable staff can help you determine the best payment option for your budget.