Jon Kurkjian MD
About the Practice
As a board certified plastic surgeon, Jon Kurkjian, MD believes open doctor-patient communication is paramount to achieving optimal outcomes for any cosmetic treatment. Whether an individual is considering a surgical or non-surgical procedure, Dr. Kurkjian devotes the time necessary to truly establish a strong relationship with him or her, as well as to obtain a complete understanding of their specific needs, goals, and overall expectations. Furthermore, he urges patients to inquire about his educational background and training, experience and expertise, hobbies and community involvement outside the office, and any other topics that would help to make them feel as comfortable and confident as possible in his care.
Over the course of his medical career, Dr. Kurkjian has demonstrated a firm commitment to holding ethics and patient safety in the highest regard – a devotion that is also embraced by his entire staff. Regardless of the treatment or procedure being conducted, his goal is to ensure every individual receives the level of personalized attention and quality of care required to achieve long-lasting, natural-looking results.
Dr. Jon Kurkjian specializes in plastic surgery of the face, body, and breasts, as well as reconstruction of the breasts for breast cancer survivors. At his practice, he offers a comprehensive array of cosmetic surgical procedures spanning from breast augmentation and rhinoplasty to abdominoplasty, facelift surgery, and the inclusive mommy makeover. In addition, he provides a vast assortment of non-surgical and minimally invasive skin care treatments, including BOTOX® Cosmetic, chemical peels, dermal fillers, and various SkinMedica® products.
Background & Certification
- American Board of Plastic Surgery: 2014
- Undergraduate Degree, University of Oklahoma, Norman, OK – B.S. Degree, summa cum laude (1999-2003)
- Medical Degree, University of Texas-Southwestern Medical School, Dallas, TX – M.D. Degree, graduated 6th of 236 students (2003-2007)
- Plastic Surgery Residency, University of Texas-Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX – (2007-2012)
- Aesthetic Surgery Fellowship, Department of Plastic Surgery, Manhattan Eye, Ear, & Throat Hospital, New York, NY – (2012-2013)
- Clinical Instructor, Department of Plastic Surgery, University of Texas-Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX – (2014-present)
Publications and Presentations
- Predictable Control of Tip Projection and Rotation: Septal Extension Grafts. Rod, J. Rohrich, Jamil Ahmad, T. Jonathan Kurkjian, H. Steve Byrd. Dallas Rhinoplasty: Nasal Surgery by the Masters, Third Edition. 2014.
- Adjusting Rotation of the Nasal Tip. Rod J. Rohrich, Georges Tabbal, T. Jonathan Kurkjian, Jamil Ahmad. Dallas Rhinoplasty: Nasal Surgery by the Masters, Third Edition. 2014.
- Importance of the Alar-Columellar Relationship. Jack P. Gunter, Rod J. Rohrich, T. Jonathan Kurkjian, Jamil Ahmad. Dallas Rhinoplasty: Nasal Surgery by the Masters, Third Edition. 2014.
- The Role of Soft Tissue Fillers in Rhinoplasty. Rod J. Rohrich, T. Jonathan Kurkjian, Jamil Ahmad. Dallas Rhinoplasty: Nasal Surgery by the Masters, Third Edition. 2014.
- Classifying Deformities of the Columella Base in Rhinoplasty. Michael R. Lee, Georges Tabbal, T. Jonathan Kurkjian; Jason Roostaeian; Rod J. Rohrich. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. April 2014.
- Soft-Tissue Fillers in Rhinoplasty. T. Jonathan Kurkjian, Jamil Ahmad, Rod J. Rohrich. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. February 2014.
- Anatomy of the Supratrochlear Nerve: Implications for the Surgical Treatment of Migraine Headaches. Jeffrey E. Janis, Daniel A. Hatef, Robert Hagan, Timothy Schaub, Jerome H. Liu, Hema Thakar, Kelly M. Bolden, Justin B. Heller, T. Jonathan Kurkjian. Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery. April 2013.
- The Effect of the Columellar Strut on Nasal Tip Position. Rodney J. Rohrich, T. Jonathan Kurkjian, Ronald E. Hoxworth, Phillip J. Stephan, Ali Mojallal. Journal of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. October 2012.
- Role of the Columellar Strut in Rhinoplasty - Indications and Rationale. Ron Hoxworth, Rodney J. Rohrich, T. Jonathan Kurkjian. Journal of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. January 2012.
- Brow Lift in Facial Rejuvenation: A Systematic Literature Review of Open versus Endoscopic Techniques. Graham, Darrell W., Heller, Justin; Kurkjian, T. Jonathan, Schaub, Timothy S., Rohrich, Rod J. Journal of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. October 2011.
- Impact of the Current Economy on Facial Cosmetic Surgery. T. Jonathan Kurkjian, Jeffrey M. Kenkel. Aesthetic Surgery Journal. September 2011.
- Refinements in Abdominoplasty – A 20-year Single Surgeon Review. Andrew P. Trussler, T. Jonathan Kurkjian, Daniel Hatef, Rodney J. Rohrich. Journal of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. October 2010.
- Tips on Lips – Hyaluronic Acid Fillers for Lip Rejuvenation. Rodney J. Rohrich, T. Jonathan Kurkjian. QMP Plastic Surgery Pulse News. Winter 2010.
- “Kazanjian to Kurkjian – Armenians in Plastic Surgery.” Grand Rounds at Yale University, Division of Plastic Surgery. June 2013.
- “Kazanjian to Kurkjian – Armenians in Plastic Surgery.” Grand Rounds at University of Texas – Southwestern Medical Center, Department of Plastic Surgery. April 2012.
- “The Effect of the Columellar Strut on Nasal Tip Position.” Rodney J. Rohrich; T. Jonathan Kurkjian; Ronald E. Hoxworth; Phillip J. Stephan; Ali Mojallal. ASPS Plastic Surgery Senior Residents Conference. January 2011.
- “The Effect of the Columellar Strut On Nasal Tip Position.” Rodney J. Rohrich; T.Jonathan Kurkjian; Ronald E. Hoxworth; Phillip J. Stephan; Ali Mojallal. Texas Society of Plastic Surgeons. October 2011.
- “Free Flap Breast Reconstruction.” Case presentation at the University of Texas – Southwestern Medical Center, Department of Plastic Surgery weekly conference. September 2011.
- “Forehead Flap for Nasal Reconstruction.” Case presentation at the University of Texas – Southwestern Medical Center, Department of Plastic Surgery weekly conference. February 2011.
- “Replantation.” Hand Conference at the University of Texas – Southwestern Medical Center. May 2010.
- “Compression Neuropathies.” Hand Conference at the University of Texas – Southwestern Medical Center. June 2009.
- “Refinements in Abdominoplasty – A 20-year Single Surgeon Review.” Andrew P. Trussler, T. Jonathan Kurkjian, Daniel Hatef, Rodney J. Rohrich. American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery. April 2010.
- “Refinements in Abdominoplasty – A 20-year Single Surgeon Review.” Andrew P. Trussler, T. Jonathan Kurkjian, Daniel Hatef, Rodney J. Rohrich. Texas Society of Plastic Surgeons. November 2008.
Awards & Honors
- Top Doctor in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Fort Worth, Texas Magazine (2015)
- Top Doctor in Cosmetic Surgery, Fort Worth, Texas Magazine (2015)
- Plastic Surgery Administrative Chief Resident, Department of Plastic Surgery, University of Texas -Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX
- General Surgery Resident Teaching Award
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society
- Southwestern Medical Foundation Merit Scholarship
- Phi Beta Kappa, University of Oklahoma
- Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society
- Campus Leader Award, University of Oklahoma, Norman, OK
- President’s Honor Roll (eight consecutive semesters), University of Oklahoma, Norman, OK
- National Merit Scholarship Finalist, University of Oklahoma, Norman, OK
Affiliations & Memberships
- Baylor All Saints Medical Center in Fort Worth
- Texas Health Resources Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth
- Forest Park Medical Center Fort Worth
- Plaza Medical Center Fort Worth
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- Texas Medical Association
- Tarrant County Medical Society
- Fort Worth Plastic Surgery Society
During your consultation with Dr. Jon Kurkjian, he will listen carefully as you describe your specific aesthetic concerns and desired outcomes. Once he has a full understanding of what you wish to achieve, he will conduct an extensive examination and provide detailed descriptions of beneficial treatment options, helping to ensure you are fully informed on all available choices. In the event there is more than one potential procedure, he will offer his opinion on which technique he feels may be most appropropriate based on your unique needs and cosmetic goals.
Depending on your particular treatment of interest, Dr. Kurkjian will often have you take a look at before-and-after pictures of former patients to help you envision the kind of results that can be attained. In addition, for particular body, face, and breast procedures, VECTRA® XT 3D imaging may be utilized to provide a three dimensional image of your own body that can be adjusted to reflect your treatment plan. This can be especially beneficial for choosing the right implants for breast augmentation, as well as for helping you visualize post-surgical results for mastopexy, blepharoplasty, liposuction, and numerous other procedures.
From the initial consultation to the final post-operative check-up, Dr. Kurkjian will be happy to answer your questions and address any concerns you may have to help make certain you are completely comfortable throughout all stages of the treatment process. More than anything, he and his staff want you to remain confident that the safest, most effective care is being provided every step of the way.
Staff & Facilities
Making patient safety a priority, Dr. Kurkjian performs all surgeries at fully accredited facilities in the Fort Worth and Arlington area.
Skin Care Products
Along with chemical peels and a complete assortment of cosmetic injectables, Dr. Kurkjian offers various skin care products from SkinMedica®. Suitable for different skin types, these products are composed of ingredients scientifically proven to help treat wrinkles, scars, acne, redness, dark spots, dullness, volume loss, and other concerns. After performing a thorough evaluation of his patients’ skin tone and quality, Dr. Kurkjian can develop a personalized skincare regimen designed to help them achieve – and maintain – the healthy, beautiful, vibrant skin they desire.
The majority of aesthetic plastic surgery procedures are not covered by health insurance providers. As a result, Dr. Kurkjian offers payment and financing options through reputable lending services like CareCredit®, eFinancing Solutions, Prosper HealthCare Lending, United Medical Credit, and ALPHAEON® CREDIT to help make treatment fit into virtually any budget. For those who do not wish to use third-party services, he also accepts payment via cash, checks, Visa®, MasterCard®, and American Express®.