Himansu R. Shah
About the Practice
Our goal is to provide you with a safe and comprehensive care from a board-certified, specialty-trained plastic surgeon in the most comfortable environment possible. Dr. Himansu Shah and our cosmetic enhancement team will always be honest and communicative with you, and utilize all of our considerable expertise to ensure that you attain your goals with exceptional results that look natural and beautiful. We seek to provide innovative and individualized treatment options that best meet the needs of our patients.
Face Lift, Neck Lift, Blepharoplaty (Eyelid Surgery), Rhinoplasty (Nose Surgery), Otoplasty (Ear pinning), Browlift, Lip Augmentation, Dermabrasion, Hair Transplant, Body Lift, Abdominoplasty, Thigh Lift, Arm Lift, Mommy Make-over, Liposuction, Breast Augmentation, Breast Lift, Breast Reduction, Breast Implant Removal, Breast Reconstruction, Gyneocomastia (Male Breast Reduction), Brazilian Butt Lift, Co2 Laser Resurfacing, Ultherapy, Cool Sculpting, Endymed, Micropen.
Background & Certification
Diplomate of the American Board of Plastic Surgery
Diplomate of the American Board of Surgery
Originally, Dr. Shah and his family relocated to Las Vegas, Nevada so he could pursue his interests in aesthetic surgery at the University of Nevada School of Medicine. There, he accepted the titles of Assistant Professor and Assistant Program Director in the Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. Later, Dr. Shah decided to open his own private practice. However, prior to doing so, he earned a number of qualifications from several accredited institutes and universities. Dr. Shah graduated with honors and a bachelor's degree from Stevens Institute of Technology, New Jersey. From the University of Medicine and Dentistry in New Jersey, he later obtained his medical degree. He subsequently attended SUNY-HSC in New York for general surgery training, as well as Plastic surgery residency at Temple University in Pennsylvania to further excel his skills in performing plastic surgery.
Assistant Department of Plastic surgery- Universiry of Nevada School of Medicine Program directory 7/1/2004-11/1/2008
Clinical Instructor Department of Surgery – University Of Nevada School of Medicine 4/1/2009-3/31/2012
Publications and Presentations
1. M Leyngold, I Leyngold, P Letourneau, W. Zamboni, H Shah: Case Report: Basal Cell Carcinoma and Rhinophyma. Annals of Plastic Surgery, in print
2. Shah, HR, Zamboni, WA, Khiabani, KT. Nocardial septic arthritis of the wrist diagnosed and treated by arthroscopy. Scand J Plast Reconstr Surg and Hand Surg, 39:252-254, 2005.
3. Baynosa RC, Shah HR, Khiabani KT, Zamboni WA: Ultrasound-Assisted Liposuctionin the Treatment of Lipodystrophy Secondary to Cushingoid-Type Disease of Unknown Cause. Plast Reconstr Surg 114:474-477, 2004.
4. Joseph Disa, MD, FACS, Himansu R. Shah, MD, Gordon Kaplan, MD. Skin Surface Reconstruction Procedures. In: Souba VW, Fink MT, Jurkovich GJ, et al. eds. American College of Surgeons ACS Surgery: Principles and Practice 2004. New York: WebMD, 2004: 220-232.
5. Himansu R. Shah, MD, Jeffery Gibson, MD, Julie Spears, MD, Daniel Kelly, MD, Amit Mitra, MD, MS, FRCS (Ed), FACS Our Experience With Free Fibula Flap For Mandibular Reconstruction. Robert H. Ivy Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons, June 2002, Pittsburgh, PA. Abstract
6. Operative decompression for peroneal nerve entrapment. Robert H. Ivy Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons, March 24-25, 2001, Baltimore, Maryland, Abstract
7. SHAH HR, Vaynblat M, Salciccioli L, Impellizzeri P, Cunningham JN Jr., Chiavarelli M. Composite cardiac binding in experimental heart failure. Ann Thorac Surg 2000;69:429-34.
8. SHAH HR, Vaynblat M, Ramdev G, Cunningham JN, Jr., Chiavarelli M. Experimental cardiomyopathy as a of chronic heart failure. J Invest Surg 1997;10:387-396.
9. SHAH HR, Vaynblat M, Bertuglia C, Chiavarelli M. Flow gradients of venous cannulae during extracorporeal circulation. Cardiovascular Engineering 1997;2(4):260-63.
10. Vaynblat M, Chiavarelli M, SHAH HR, Ramdev G, Aron M, Zisbrod Z, Cunningham JN, Jr. Cardiac binding in experimental heart failure. Ann Thorac Surg 1997;64:81-6.
11. Joshua H. Burack, Norman M. Rowe, Liba Serebransky, HIMANSU R. SHAH, Peter Homel, Joseph N. Cunningham, Jr.. Socioeconomic and cultural risk factors for coronary artery bypass surgery. Surgical Forum Vol. L, 1999 (American College of Surgeons).
12. SHAH HR, Vaynblat M, Salciccioli L, Cunningham JN Jr., Chiavarelli M. Composite cardiac binding. Circulation 1997;96(8)Suppl:I-602 Abstract
13. SHAH HR, Chiavarelli M, Rao SM, Nudel DB, Anderson JE. Repair of anomalous origin of the right coronary artery from the main pulmonary artery. Cardiology in the Young 1997. Abstract
14. Vaynblat M, Chiavarelli M, Ramdev G, Grijalva GA, SHAH HR, Zisbrod Z, Cunningham JN Jr. Enalapril prophylaxis of doxorubicin-induced cardiomyopathy. J Mol Cell Cardiol 1996;28: A201. Abstract
1. Applications of Hyperbaric Oxygen in Plastic Surgery. Symposium on Advanced Wound Care, San Antonio, TX May 2, 2006.
2. Office Wound Care. Nevada Osteopathic Medical Association: Henderson, NV May 2004.Skin Cancer: Risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment. Sun City, November 2003, Las Vegas, NV
3. Our Experience with Free Fibula Flap For Mandibular Reconstruction. Robert H. Ivy Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons, June 2002, Pittsburgh, PA. Poster
4. Operative decompression for peroneal nerve entrapment. Robert H. Ivy Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons, March 24-25, 2001, Baltimore, Maryland
5. Socioeconomic and cultural risk factors for coronary artery bypass surgery. American College of Surgeons Surgical Forum November 1999.
6. Composite cardiac binding. American Heart Association 70th Scientific Sessions, November 9-12, 1997, Orlando, Florida. Moderated Poster.
7. Local recurrence following breast conservation in African-American breast cancer patients. American College of Surgeons. Oct 25-29 1998, Orlando, Florida Poster.
Awards & Honors
Active Member (08/2006):
American Society of Plastic Surgeons
Active Member (06/2003):
The Plastic Surgery Research Council
American College of Surgeons
2003 Stevens Institute of Technology
Full academic scholarship
Humphreys, Ennis, Lesser Award for Engineering Economy
National Chemistry Day Award
W.A. Macy Award for Chemical Biology
Affiliations & Memberships
St. Rose Sienna
St. Rose De Lima
Mountain View Hospital Hospital
Spring Valley Hospital
Desert Springs Hospital
North Vista Hospital
American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
American Society of Plastic Surgeons
Dr. Shah’s Las Vegas, NV office is currently accepting new patients and is always willing to help you explore whether or not cosmetic surgery is right for you. Whether you want something like breast augmentation, laser skin resurfacing, or an in-depth understanding of facelift surgery, the caring and helpful environment at Dr. Shah’s office will undoubtedly aide you in making the right decision.
Staff & Facilities
Seven Hills Surgery Center
Flamingo Surgery Center
Las Vegas Surgery Center
Lv Regional Surgery Center
Sahara Surgery Center
Red Rock Surgery Center
Surgery center of Southern Nevada
Tenaya Surgery Center
Visia/Canfield Mirror Skin Care Analysis System
Skin Care Products
Obagi Skin Care Lines
Jane Iredale Mineral Make-up
Visa & MasterCard, American Express, and Discover, Cash, Financing: Care Credit