Donald Wood-Smith MD, FACS
About the Practice
Dr. Wood-Smith works closely with each patient to develop an individualized plan of treatment and is dedicated to helping you achieve a natural post-surgical look.
Dr. Wood-Smith is an internationally renowned Manhattan plastic surgeon, who specializes in surgery of the face, breast and body. He has established offices in London and is now available to patients seeking the newest procedures in cosmetic enhancement. Dr. Wood-Smith notes, “Cosmetic plastic surgery is an evolving art with new techniques emerging with great frequency each year.” Dr. Wood-Smith travels to Britain frequently where he consults with patients who he operates upon in New York.
Background & Certification
American Board of Plastic Surgery
• Newington College, Sydney, Australia, L.C.
• Sydney University Medical School, Sydney, Australia, M.B., B.S.
• Stanford University & Santa Clara Valley Medical Center Division, San Jose, CA
• Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh, Scotland General Surgery Residency at:
◦ Lewisham General Hospital (Sydney)
◦ Royal College of Surgeons (London)
◦ Royal Marsden Hospital (London)
◦ Doctors Hospital (New York City)
• Institute of Reconstructive Plastic Surgery New York University Medical Center, NY
• Plastic Surgery Residency, Fellowship and Research
• New York University Medical Center, NY – Research and teaching
Publications and Presentations
Dr. Wood-Smith is published in over a hundred scientific papers. He co-authored the definitive books: Cosmetic Facial Surgery with Dr. Thomas Rees and “The Nursing Care of the Plastic Surgery Patient” with Pauline Porowski, RN. He is prominently named in respected consumer directories to plastic surgery including New York Magazine’s “The Best Doctors in New York”, Town & Country Magazine’s listing of Eminent Plastic Surgeons. He is quoted frequently in US editions of Vogue and Harpers Bazaar.
Affiliations & Memberships
• New York Academy of Medicine
• New York Regional Society of Plastic Surgeons
• American Association of Plastic Surgeons
• American Society of Maxillofacial Surgeons
• Americans Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons
• British Association of Plastic Surgeons
• New York County Medical Society
• Northeastern Society of Plastic Surgeons
• Chairman of the Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Department New York Eye & Ear Infirmary, New York
• Past Professor of Clinical Surgery (Plastic) Columbia-Presbyterian Medical Center, New York
• Founding Director of Craniofacial Surgery Columbia-Presbyterian Medical Center, New York
• Past Attending Plastic Surgeon Manhattan Eye, Ear & Throat Hospital, New York
• Attending Surgeon, Department of Plastic Surgery Sound Shore Medical Center of Westchester New Rochelle, New York
• Attending Surgeon Beth Israel North, New York
• Professor of Surgery (Plastic) New York University Medical Center, New York
• Past Surgeon Director, Department of Plastic Surgery Manhattan Eye, Ear & Throat Hospital, New York
• Past Chairman, Department of Plastic Surgery Manhattan Eye, Ear & Throat Hospital, New York
• Past Attending Plastic Surgeon New York University Medical Center, New York
• PastVisiting Plastic Surgeon Bellevue Hospital Center, New York
Consultations by appointment only. Please call our office at 212.744.2224
Staff & Facilities
We provide state-of-the-art Plastic Surgery in the safety of a discrete and luxurious hospital setting. Our operating facilities provide both out-patient surgery and in-patient accommodation with the latest endoscopic, laser, liposuction, (both standard and ultra-sonic) and other surgical instrumentation available. Cutting edge technology is combined with respect for the patient through a warm and unhurried staff. Dr. Wood-Smith specializes in cosmetic surgery of the nose, face and breasts together with liposuction body recontouring. We welcome the opportunity to be of aid to you.
We accept all major credit cards