Davis L. Bronson MD, FACS
About the Practice
I believe in treating patients the way I would want to be treated. I practice wholesome medicine using state-of-the-art techniques to treat the patient as a person and to try to achieve their plastic surgery goals.
Plastic Surgery/Full range of aesthetic and reconstructive surgery
Background & Certification
American Board of Plastic Surgery - 1989
UCLA 1970, Bachelor of Arts
U.C. Irvine, College of Medicine 1974, M.D.
LA County-USC Medical Center-Internship 1974-1975
Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, California-General Surgery 1975-1979
St. Joseph Hospital, Hospital, TX-Plastic Surgery 1979-1981
Voluntary Associate Clinical Professor, Department of Surgery, Division of Plastic Surgery, UCSD
School of medicine
Associate Clinical Professor of Surgery, Kansas City University of Medicine and BioSciences
Publications and Presentations
1. "Experimental Observations on the Etiology of Squamous Cell Metaplasia in Gastric
Carcinoma" - submitted for publication,
2. "Total Thyroidectomy" - Presented before the Los Angeles Surgical Society,
3. "Incomplete Descent of the Thyroid" - presented before the Southern California Chapter
of the American College of Surgeons, Annual Meeting, January 1978.
4. "Carcinoma in Hyperthyroidism" - submitted for publication.
"Thyroid Carcinoma and Other Associated Malignancies As a Consequence of Childhood
and Neck Radiation" - submitted for publication and presented before the Society of Head
Neck Surgeons, 1978.
6. "Total Thyroidectomy: The Indications and Results of 630 Cases" - published in The
American Journal of Suraerv. Vol. 136, No.4, October 1978.
7. "Emergency Treatment of the Injured Hand" - presented to the Emergency Medical
Symposium, sponsored by the Department of the Navy and American College of Emergency
Physicians, San Diego, California, July 1986.
8. "Analeptics in Outpatient Surgery" - presented at Roche Pharmaceutical Symposium, La
Mesa, California, May 1987.
9. "Galactorrhea after Reduction Mammaplasty" - published in Plastic and Reconstructive
Surgery. Vol. 83, No.3, March 1989.
10. "An Important Niche Is Being Filled" - published in San Dieao Physician. Vol. 80, No. 12,
11. "Meralgia Paresthetica" - published in Plastic and Reconstructive Surqerv, Vol. 110, No.
1, July, 2002.
Awards & Honors
Clinical Teacher of the Year, Division of Plastic Surgery, UCSD School of Medicine, 1991-1992 and 1996-1997
Affiliations & Memberships
Freeman Health System - Joplin, MO
American Society of Plastic Surgeons
American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
PSEF, Plastic Surgery Educational Foundation
American Medical Association
Life Member: Alpha Phi Omega, National Service Fraternity
Life Member: California State Scholarship Federation
Vice-Chair, Ethics Committee, California Society of Plastic Surgeons
President, San Diego Plastic Surgery Society
During the aesthetic consultation, the patient's goals are discussed, the patient is
examined, and options are discussed. The patient leaves the office with the necessary
information to make an informed decision regarding surgery.
Staff & Facilities
Surgeries are performed in certified operating rooms associated with a major hospital.
Computer Imaging Available
Skin Care Products
A complete line of skin care products is available